best command conquer game for windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for recommendations for the best command and conquer type game that plays on win 7.
I used to play all the c&c games but drifted away,my son is 12 and interested now so i have a challenge and want to seriously kick his ass but looking for the best game (most compatible) to play over local lan.
cheers chronoman

I was always a Tiberian Sun fan despite its glitches. Found a copy a few months back which was compatible if you ran it in XP mode as admin. If you want to go old school then get over to GOG (Good Old Games) There's loads of old stuff on there and it's all been pre-configured for DosBox if it's needed. They're pretty cheap or you can find rips in the usual haunts. I got addicted to Cannon Fodder again. Graphics were shite by today's standards but the nostalgia and gameplay were all there again :)

In terms of modern, top-down/isometric RTS games have a look at the Warhammer series, Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander.

Company of Heroes 2 and C&C: Generals 2 is due out this year.

Hi
Looking for recommendations for the best command and conquer type game that plays on win 7.
I used to play all the c&c games but drifted away,my son is 12 and interested now so i have a challenge and want to seriously kick his ass but looking for the best game (most compatible) to play over local lan.
cheers chronoman

Dad what happened to "level playong field". My money is in your 12 year old to still kick your behind.:BLOBBY:

Last edited:
Thanks Guys .
Will have a look at mentioned games.
i have registered for a beta on a command and conquer game so presume its generals and the graphics are stunning although certainly not what makes these games its the sending 50 tanks to kill one trooper at the end.
I remember going through to get cannon fodder for Amiga on boxing day to edinburgh Princess Street as Virgin shop was only one open and was so desperate to get it (great game).
Dont really like going back to the games as graphice are just so poor and i think the player joystick interfaces arent the same.
As to my son beating me it just wont happen .
For starters i will have to learn the game first before i teach him (lol) and he will spit the dummy out when i paste him which makes it sweeter.
These arent like fps games so my response times arent so important.
cheers chronoman

Supreme Commander is an ace game, i always loved RTS style games, you could also try Starcraft.

Forged Alliance is also good (SC expansion)

Last edited:
i'm really showing my age but I still play civ2 and alpha centuri.

what do you paly now?

I generally go through phases and may not play anything for months, for example my 360 has sat on my shelf untouched since Mass Effect 3 which i stopped playing literally before the last stage (mainly as DIY took over) but i spent 6 years + playing Warcraft (MMORPG) and dip into different games depending on what or when it takes my fancy.

Not that much, I used to play Utopia and Populous.

Bloody hell! I think Populous is on GOG. Got to love the early Molyneux stuff. I downloaded... wait for it.... Magic Carpet the other day. Still not got around to playing it yet - I've been busy trying to get Jools and Jops through the desert levels without dying (yes, if you understood that you really ARE that old)

well
got supreme commander and really impresse,very similiar to c&c ,just need to sharpen up on base building as the ai wiped the floor with me on normal setting.
My wee boy never though.lol
Thanks to all who posted

well
got supreme commander and really impresse,very similiar to c&c ,just need to sharpen up on base building as the ai wiped the floor with me on normal setting.
My wee boy never though.lol
Thanks to all who posted

Should try xcom:enemy unknown,
It's really good and easy to get into but gets harder as you progress :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Powermonger was another classic up there with Populous!

Should try xcom:enemy unknown,
It's really good and easy to get into but gets harder as you progress :)
i had a look at reviews it says its play by play,is it quick running if like that?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2
i had a look at reviews it says its play by play,is it quick running if like that?

You should try the warhammer dawn of war games, they are pretty good real time strategy games :)

Sent from my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back