VU+ Solo Best clone vu boxes

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive got a ferrari solo which i got from next bay but they don't seem to be active any more. Got boxes for family and any parts were always sent for free from China.

Just wondering whats the best clones to get now as ferrari is dead, would sun ray be better than lonrizon and who are the best suppliers from China these days...

Kind regards,

Ive got a ferrari solo which i got from next bay but they don't seem to be active any more. Got boxes for family and any parts were always sent for free from China.

Just wondering whats the best clones to get now as ferrari is dead, would sun ray be better than lonrizon and who are the best suppliers from China these days...

Kind regards,

Sunray clones are not in production at the moment maybe they will return im not sure. As it at the moment and have it in mind im a big fan of clones id not spend my money on them. A real solo 2 se is not that expensive. And there are options in the gigablue ranges too. Cheaper options would be the new dual cpu Zgemma boxes.

I'd agree with Ferret, in my opinion your probably better off getting a Zgemma as these get official support and seem to be very popular at the moment.
Theres plenty of help on the forums aswell.

Suttsy

looking a decent box that runs vix well. don't want to spend original box prices. does zgemma run openvix 4, if not what does, perhaps the lonrizon clone..??

looking a decent box that runs vix well. don't want to spend original box prices. does zgemma run openvix 4, if not what does, perhaps the lonrizon clone..??

There are vix image available for Zegemma Yes patched version as on the clones but they work well.The Zgemmas are also officially supported by most of the open image groups. The Lorinsons clones are the worst you could opt for, trust me stay away from clones at the moment.

Patched vix, is that not like the vix for dm800hd. Runs poorly and has been butchered to do so. Im looking at the zgemma star at £50, seems reasonably priced. Does it run official openatv image as they are quite good i suppose...

Patched vix, is that not like the vix for dm800hd. Runs poorly and has been butchered to do so. Im looking at the zgemma star at £50, seems reasonably priced. Does it run official openatv image as they are quite good i suppose...

No they run just like the standard vix image. And are better than any vix image found on a VU clone now they are messed around with.

Yes OpenATV officially support them.

if your gonna get a zgemma, get the newer models.

zgemma HS - single tuner new version
zgemma H2S - twin tuner new version

The zgemma star and S2 are the older version, and slower processors than new versions.

About £65 for HS and £80 for the H2S,

- - - Updated - - -

There are vix image available for Zegemma Yes patched version as on the clones but they work well.The Zgemmas are also officially supported by most of the open image groups. The Lorinsons clones are the worst you could opt for, trust me stay away from clones at the moment.

why what is currently wrong with the clones?

I have a lorinson clone, got it on a refurb deal for £62.50 off someone I know.

Has taken all images I have tried, originals plus the sunray images, using open atv 5.3 runs my iptv fine, fast image, have no clue what VERSION my one is though?

I know some are bad, and have been ruined etc, but for price I paid seems good.

if your gonna get a zgemma, get the newer models.

zgemma HS - single tuner new version
zgemma H2S - twin tuner new version

The zgemma star and S2 are the older version, and slower processors than new versions.

About £65 for HS and £80 for the H2S,

- - - Updated - - -

why what is currently wrong with the clones?

I have a lorinson clone, got it on a refurb deal for £62.50 off someone I know.

Has taken all images I have tried, originals plus the sunray images, using open atv 5.3 runs my iptv fine, fast image, have no clue what VERSION my one is though?

I know some are bad, and have been ruined etc, but for price I paid seems good.

None of the clones are getting good support any more. The manufacturers are walking away from them, some of this could be due to the uptake on the cheap Zgemma range. There is never driver support on the lornison clones.

Neither Sunray or Lornison build solo2/se clones now. I think any solo2 clone out are trying to use the security chips etc from Sunray who well at least are still supporting drivers and images just no longer manufacturing them.

None of the clones are getting good support any more. The manufacturers are walking away from them, some of this could be due to the uptake on the cheap Zgemma range. There is never driver support on the lornison clones.

Neither Sunray or Lornison build solo2/se clones now. I think any solo2 clone out are trying to use the security chips etc from Sunray who well at least are still supporting drivers and images just no longer manufacturing them.

Thanks for reply, I thought it would be "support" and driver related.

Yes, the new zgemmas are pretty good for price.

Back