Best Android Box/Media Player

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
could anyone recommend one of the above please. Initially want it to play usb/sd cards but also need it to load LiveNetTv and kodi or iptv.

Gonna be my xmas present off the wife so make it a good un;)

its all down to personal choice and how much you want to spend.

the nvidia shield is very good as is the minix neo u1, wetek play 2 but there are a stack of much cheaper alternatives that will do what you want absolutely fine.

I can recommend the X92 this is what I use has 4 usb's and and sd card reader, only difference from the link is mine is only the 3 gig 16 gig version. The above by DEANOBOY are also good options I believe, I know avid really likes his minix neo.

I buy all my boxes from GearBest in China.

I buy all my boxes from GearBest in China.

How long does delivery take Joe, if He orders from China would it arrive before Christmas,
I've usually used a seller in the Uk, but You do get less for more money over Here.

Last edited:
How long does delivery take Joe, if He orders from China would it arrive before Christmas,
I've usually used a seller in the Uk, but You do get less for more money over Here.
Around 10 days mate
Also you get cash back to use on your next purchase with GearBest and if you go threw Quidco you cash back with them also

Thanks to all.

@sneaker looks like yours is out of stock. Anyone have an opinion on this model please?

MECOOL BB2 PRO Android 7.1 TV Box 3GB DDR4 + 16GB UK PLUG-$69.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

The Mecool is very similar to mine, same cpu,gpu and memory just missing the 2 extra usbs. I'm sure You would get an x92 off ebay and a uk seller for £53

This one is £3 more but a uk seller X92 Smart TV Box Android 7.1 Octa-core 3GB+16GB 4K*2K HD Dual WIFI Airplay/DLAN | eBay
The difference from the China one is the extra 16 gig memory, but I've got loads of apps on Mine and still have loads of room. The extra would be nice if You wanted lots of games.

Last edited:
@rutters Some apps need an air mouse like showbox for example. Also the air mouse has a keyboard and the minix air mouse comes with voice commands so you don't have to type you just dictate into the remote.
I would not buy a device with anything lower than Android 6.0 this will run most applications that you are likely to use.

Last edited:
You will find it much easier with an air mouse, the i8 advertised with that t95z is what I use and work well, from the reviews I've seen I think the t95z work well, again it is like mine with only 2 usb and hexagonal :). My box is running android 6 but I suppose the more up to date the better. Most apps still work with android 4.2 and up, but kodi krypton wanted version 5 and above.

Last edited:
Thanks

So am down to x92 for £55 or T95Z (with keyboard) for £65

Think 2 x usb will be enough so swaying towards T95Z

Any last shouts?

T95Z works very good i hear :cool:
T95Z 3G ram+ 32G rom for £50.93 at GearBest

Is that better than the ebay model? Does it have the keyboard?

Back