Besciamella Sauce (Italian sauce for Pastas)

astrolab

VIP Member (Resident chef)
Reaction score
The recipe for the sauce is very useful in the preparation of many dishes in the Italian food for the recipe of lasagne's and cannelloni or cooking any pasta in the oven with tomato sauce and bechamel, or two classic dishes that require the use of the Bolognese sauce and the béchamel sauce will be better if done in house.
The preparation is simple, but we must be careful to not to form lumps. The cooking time is a few minutes. Let's go then to get a few ingredients needed to prepare the bechamel.
Ingredients:
50 grams of butter;
50 grams of flour 00;
500 ml of milk;
nutmeg;
salt;

Preparation:

In a small saucepan let the butter melt and when we see it melted ,put on it the flour, being careful to adjust the heat so the butter does not brown. Mix well and started to pour the milk in small doses so as not to create unnecessary lumps.

Continue to stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is thick enough. If you want a sauce more or less liquid you can adjust the preparation by the amount of milk pour. Use the sauce when still hot after you made it.

( You can use with any pasta, for example, cook the pasta in the usual way, water , tomato sauce,....when is done,than put it in a baking tray ,than on the top and inside, put the bechamel. cook until the bechamel will be crispy from the top, than serve it, is delicious!)

oh ......ive been making this sauce for years as a base for pasta meals. but use cayenne pepper instead of nutmeg? have i been doing it wrong?

I won't put to much in. Asided from strong flavour it can also put you to sleep.

You need loads for that they used to use it as a drug in prison years ago disolving it in water. It also takes about 4 hours to take effect and side effects include a headache and nausea. Oh and a big enough dose of nutmeg can kill you lol. Enjoy!

well the recipe is not made for cayenne pepper... the nutmeg give you a particular taste, this is the right one.. trust me.

well the recipe is not made for cayenne pepper... the nutmeg give you a particular taste, this is the right one.. trust me.

ok i will try with nutmeg next time. thanks xx

Back