belkin wireless router upgrade

jon2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, got a quick question to ask, i was talking to one of my inlaws today about routers and he said there was a guy on ebay selling (upgrade software) to extend the range of a belkin wireless router, so i,ve looked on ebay and cant find the person/info in question. can any1 shed any light on this for me and hopefully point me in the direction in where i might be able to find this belkin wireless router software upgrade. many thanks in advance to all that answer. jon

hi Dutcho, i am almost certain, he said its not on there web site as they dont want peeps having it for som reason, my inlaw owns a internet cafe so he,s well cluded up o computers, i,ve done quite a bit of searching on the net and cant find any reference at all to it. if it exsists i thought i might have got a vague sniff of it, but not as yet but will continue to look. so if any1 has any info regarding this (upgrade) or router booster i would be really grateful on some info. many thanks jon.

i've never heard of such software, it sounds a bit strange to me. as dutcho says, more than likely its a firmware upgrade.

Just get a range extender or an amplifier, job done.

let us know if you find the s/w though.

jon2005 said:
hi all, got a quick question to ask, i was talking to one of my inlaws today about routers and he said there was a guy on ebay selling (upgrade software) to extend the range of a belkin wireless router, so i,ve looked on ebay and cant find the person/info in question. can any1 shed any light on this for me and hopefully point me in the direction in where i might be able to find this belkin wireless router software upgrade. many thanks in advance to all that answer. jon

easy way to extend the range is to put a larger antenna on the router

hi, thanks for the replys, he is pretty adaminent it was a software upgrade not available from the belkin site, but would have to agree with all replys, why would a company of that size keep something back like that when it would boost there sales. :( not to worry thanks all the same was worth the try. jon

Back