BBC_i_player_install_pack UPDATE 4 FEB 2010

PIERCED6966

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried using the method described in another thread on here using Dop-IOS MOD but all i got was http errors when trying to install the shopping channel and a error code -2010 when trying to install the bbc iplayer wad and i had the latest version of Dop-IOS MOD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this pack will do:-

This will let you install bbciplayer on a softmodded wii
without updating anything & without altering your patched
IOS's, i did this on my 3.4e (IOS249 Rev14).

drop wad file onto root of sd or usb drive.

boot up your wad manager in homebrew channel (i used wad manager 1.4).

install shop channel wad, then IOS61 update wad.
exit & turn off wii.

now install bbciplayer wad,
exit & turn off wii.

Turn on and hey presto....BBCiplayer on ya wii without updating
and without agreeing to nasty auto update from nintendo.

PLEASE REMEMBER, BBC IPLAYER ONLY WORKS IN THE UK UNLESS YOU FAKE YOUR IP ADDRESS, EVEN THEN IT MAY DETECT YOUR NOT IN THE UK.

LINKS

BBC_i_player_install_pack.rar

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Reactions: J
nice post mate :eek:) its a nice app BBC Iplayer

I tried using the method described in another thread on here using Dop-IOS MOD but all i got was http errors when trying to install the shopping channel and a error code -2010 when trying to install the bbc iplayer wad and i had the latest version of Dop-IOS MOD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this pack will do:-

This will let you install bbciplayer on a softmodded wii
without updating anything & without altering your patched
IOS's, i did this on my 3.4e (IOS249 Rev14).

drop wad file onto root of sd or usb drive.

boot up your wad manager in homebrew channel (i used wad manager 1.4).

install shop channel wad, then IOS61 update wad.
exit & turn off wii.

now install bbciplayer wad,
exit & turn off wii.

Turn on and hey presto....BBCiplayer on ya wii without updating
and without agreeing to nasty auto update from nintendo.

PLEASE REMEMBER, BBC IPLAYER ONLY WORKS IN THE UK UNLESS YOU FAKE YOUR IP ADDRESS, EVEN THEN IT MAY DETECT YOUR NOT IN THE UK.

LINKS

BBC_i_player_install_pack.rar

Hi, I had the same sort of problem the other week. I just could not get onto the shop channel.

This is the tread:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/227911/

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, thanks for the files 6966.

I recently upgraded from the twilight hack to the usb loader using bros guide here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/

Really pleased with it and brilliant guide.

Having problems trying to get bbc i player on though. Thought that it was because in my hombrew channel i only have the usb loader and cios 222 files showing. I re-loaded the files i had for my previous wad manager 1.3 but now i keep getting an error.

Wonder if anyone has wad manager files for 1.4 or can point out where i am going wrong?

thanks in advance.

Firstly, thanks for the files 6966.

I recently upgraded from the twilight hack to the usb loader using bros guide here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/

Really pleased with it and brilliant guide.

Having problems trying to get bbc i player on though. Thought that it was because in my hombrew channel i only have the usb loader and cios 222 files showing. I re-loaded the files i had for my previous wad manager 1.3 but now i keep getting an error.

Wonder if anyone has wad manager files for 1.4 or can point out where i am going wrong?

thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

Here is wad manager 1.5 and i have attached the iplayer wad too but i guess you have that.

wad manager 1.5
iplayer wad

Can you not get onto the shop channel and download it offically as its a free download. Just a thought

I installed it exactly as described in the supplied guide, exactly step by step and it worked first time with no errors at all

Sometimes you NEED to follow the guides EXACTLY as stated, if you try to install everything in one go without resetting the wii between some steps then that can cause problems

I'm running 4.2e, with the latest v5.0 CIOS222 and latest CIOS 38 rev 17 with no problems

I have to admit I'm impressed with the iPlayer running on the Wii, but we do have a 20MB cable connection not Wi-FI

This is what the future of 'net is supposed to be about with streaming movies/TV programs, just now have to put up with the ISP's crying about bandwidth and 'capping' it as you may be a premium user and using too much bandwith in a time preiod (EG VIRGIN)

MMB thanks for the link will try later - free user rapidshare slots have run out for the day.

Was going to use the shop channel but it says that i cant do it until i update. I thought that was a no no so have stayed clear of that.

scrapyard following the instructions seems very simple but my problem is my wad manager seems corrupt - almost certain something i have done.

thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

Cheers mmb that done the job.

Last edited:
Back