BBC2 HD channel to launch in March

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The new subscription-free venture launches on Tuesday 26 March and will replace the existing BBC HD channel

The BBC has announced plans to launch BBC2 HD at 6:00am on Tuesday 26 March, replacing the existing BBC HD channel which went live in December 2007 as the UK's first, free-to-air high-definition TV channel.

Following the introduction of BBC1 HD back in November 2010, BBC2 HD will broadcast a simultaneous version of the BBC2 schedule, available subscription-free on all digital television platforms.

The move will make a raft of existing programmes available in HD for the very first time, including Paul Hollywood - Bread, The Fall, Science Brittanica and Keeping Britain Alive.

The new channel will be found on Sky HD (169), Freeview HD/YouView (102), Virgin Media (187), Freesat HD (109) and BT Vision (852).

Controller of BBC2, Janice Hadlow, said: "BBC1 HD has already proved to be highly valued by our audiences and I'm delighted that we're able to follow this with the launch of BBC2 in HD.

"The launch of BBC2 HD will alllow us to showcase more of our programmes at their very best - helping to highlight our commitment to high quality, engaging and ambitious programmes on BBC2.

hmm didnt BBC HD show BBc2 programmes anyway .e.g top gear?

its about time they kept up with the rest of them, they get enough money form us each years License fee's.

in the upcoming months they are planning to get most of the hd channels out there.

I wish they'd keep bbc HD aswell, it has a good variation of programming, bbc 2 shows a lot of shite I'm not interested in. I also feel a bit nostalgic as bbc HD was my only HD channel for a while before itv hd launched and while channel 4 hd was encrypted and I used to showcase my new HDTV with it lol :) I'm sure I'm not the only one, the nature programming was fantastic at first as the bitrate was higher I think :)

I also feel a bit nostalgic as bbc HD was my only HD channel for a while before itv hd launched and while channel 4 hd was encrypted and I used to showcase my new HDTV with it lol :) I'm sure I'm not the only one, the nature programming was fantastic at first as the bitrate was higher I think :)
oh the memories :)
I first started picking it up with a dvb-s card and was impressed by the quality of image & shows, though i wish there had been more.

well i will miss bbc hd lets just hope we get as good when bbc 2hd im sure we will !!!

Glad it is coming but can't help but wish they would keep the BBCHD alongside it!

Back