"bbc Use Sly Tactics"

wasnotwasD

DW Regular
Reaction score
If you haven’t got a T\/ licence, you should be aware of a scam by the t\/ licensing authority house callers.

I was told of this one by a reliable person!:cool:
There is a middle-aged lady knocking on the doors (in my area), claiming to be doing “Market Research”.
She wears a satchel & carries a clipboard, and asks Name etc (maybe how many appliances? How many telly’s?). Then informs you she is from TVLA.:eek: :eek:

So if you are silly enough to admit owning a T\/ or Computer T\/ card or Video etc to anyone at the door. You will probably get DONE!!!

Also! If she gets no reply. She will leave a calling card to this effect!

Marvellous isn’t it?… and probably against the law too.:D: :D:

I believe Huggi is right, sounds like entrapment to me which with a good solicitor should get thrown out of court (if it got that far).

But did you know that you can have a TV and video without a licence and you are not breaking any laws.

Providing your aerial is not plugged in and well out of site when anyone calls there is no law to stop you using your TV and video for only watching films possibly hired from local video shop or which you may have purchased.

Just make sure that if TV is switched on that it does not receive a signal that is watchable without aerial plugged in.

You may have to sign a statement to the effect that you are not using for watching TV which goes to the TV Licencing people and stored on file

Back