BBC reveals Christmas schedules

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The BBC has today revealed details of its programming lineup for this Christmas.

Among the headlines is the return of The Office, which will air on BBC One in two final episodes, and the final episode in the Only Fools and Horses trilogy on Christmas Day.

Other comedy specials on BBC One include My Family, Posh and Becks' Big Impression, Dame Edna - Live At The Palace, Absolutely Fabulous and French & Saunders.

Also planned is a Test the Nation end-of-year special, behind-the-scenes documentary The Story of Absolutely Fabulous, Matthew Bourne's acclaimed production of The Nutcracker and Michael Parkinson presenting Christmas Night With The Stars.

An EastEnders variety show leads the channel's drama highlights; the EastEnders Christmas Party will feature Liberty X, Lulu, Jo Brand, Suggs, Greg Rusedski and Richard E Grant, with Shane Richie (Alfie Moon) hosting and Mike Reid (Frank Butcher) pulling pints behind the bar.

Film premieres include Stuart Little, Mulan, Galaxy Quest, What Women Want and Meet The Parents. Digital viewers will be able to "sing along" with classic movies The Sound of Music and Wizard of Oz through interactive.

Over on BBC Two, an "eclectic mix" is promised to provide an "alternative treat for every member of the family."

Celebrity Mastermind will put Shaun Williamson and David Blunkett in the black chair, while other seasonal specials include Restoration, Dead Ringers, The Kumars and Doubletake.

An entire night of programming will be dedicated to Bruce Forsyth to mark his pending return to the corporation; included are a documentary on his life, his edition of Room 101 and "previously unseen footage" from his appearance on Have I Got News For You.

"This year the BBC has an all-star line up of performances from the world's most talented entertainers," said the BBC's director of television Jana Bennett today.

"Great British comedy, dazzling arts spectaculars, West End musicals and country and soul music legends are just part of a diverse schedule that will provide a Christmas treat for every viewer, their family and their friends."

WOW ! such imaginative use of our license cash...........can't wait :)
hope the queen does a good turn this time....... i do enjoy it when she does that impression of a bulldog swallowing a wasp........what do you mean, that's not an impression?

Oh well. Lets hope I get some DVDs in my stocking.

:grayyawn: :grayyawn: :grayyawn: :grayyawn:

Back