Battlefield 3

any of you got this?

Im waiting till tomorrow, should be availible in the morning, as the beta is on the store now if you do a search, just says my account aint valid. No way on earth was going to buy "moh special edition" just to have early access to the beta, as that game was a load of pants.
As for the beta it's getting mixed reviews from some of the forums. Alot tend to think it's the finished game when they play a beta so they moan when it's buggy or lags. It's only 1 map in the beta and the game mode is "rush"

Im waiting till tomorrow, should be availible in the morning, as the beta is on the store now if you do a search, just says my account aint valid. No way on earth was going to buy "moh special edition" just to have early access to the beta, as that game was a load of pants.
As for the beta it's getting mixed reviews from some of the forums. Alot tend to think it's the finished game when they play a beta so they moan when it's buggy or lags. It's only 1 map in the beta and the game mode is "rush"

lol, i knew it was out, I got it on Tuesday @10am. just wondered if anyone else had.

I've only spent a few hours on it (rank 12), and overall i like it.
as you state there are a few problems (more with the PC fanboys, wining because they are not the only ones getting it. they seem jealous, genuinely upset that its on consoles.)

atm the invite and join friends is very iffy. as is connection (ps3) on occasion. thank gods i dont have a "dogbox", they have had major problems with connection, from release.

when i first tried it, if you moved in 'prone' the graphics went gaga. though that seems to be fixed now (from play this morning)
as with the BBC2 beta, colour and graphics are a bit washed out (should i say, not what we will get in the box)
though i doubt graphics will be a big step forward, on the consoles anyway, as they dont have the grunt to run them.

the organization of the 'classes' is more BF/BBC1 than BBC2. but, in my view, no worse for that.

gun are mostly new. and all vastly different to use than on BBC1/2 they also differ according to which side you are on (not to keen on that myself)
the fixed 'heavy's' are gone. replaced by a bi pod on the LMG's
grenades do not go as far, when thrown. they tend not to break windows either (this said, train windows are toughened glass. real grenades can bounce of that)
achieving unlocks looks like it will take longer than on the BBC games.
fun stuff like tactical torches, for-grips, heavy barrels are all achieved for each gun (not a one time unlock like BBC2)

one of the biggest changes is the 'Prone' position. this makes snipers and campers a pain (incidentally, base campers are going to be kicked in the full BF3, or that's the scuttle ATM)
one thing that prone does do is give you a laugh. you should see some of the positions players get into whilst moving in prone. and the 'dances' as noobs get used to it, is worth an admission fees

kits too are all new, with more kit skins to come.

game play is BF/BBC mix, as are the game modes. again more modes to come.
the map/s are huge, but well thought out. there are pinch points for both sides.
Frostbite 2 is not really on show with the Beta. but who cares? it was light years ahead of the opposition at v1. v2 just takes it farther ahead.

no vehicals in the Beta, so no reports on planes, tanks, helos or the like.

its all good fun, my only reservation is, its 4 weeks to release. you have to wonder if they can get changes, if needed, done prior to Blueray printing. if not, expect a large update before yo can get to play it.

£40 well spent, IMHO

Downloaded it this morning and overall pretty good game. it does very much look like a blend of MOH and battlefield 2, which isn't a bad thing as it's took many of the core elements and put them all together.
One thing i don't like is the spawn areas. But maybe thats down to playing MW2 to long. unless your in a squad you get booted back onto the edge of the map which is a pain.
The 1 thing which is bugging me and it might a real pain is the torches on the guns. The idea of them is great but when your faced with them in your face it's a different view all together.
I think the beta is more or less the finished verison graphics wise for the consoles. As they wouldn't have the time to do massive changes before the release.

It going to be good having the blend of 2 types of games. Battlefield when you want to play real war, team play and not be bothered about someone boosting to get a nuke. Then have mw3, when i want to have a no thrills, noob tubing session

Glad i've pre ordered it, just need to get a squad sorted out now lol

Downloaded it this morning and overall pretty good game. it does very much look like a blend of MOH and battlefield 2, which isn't a bad thing as it's took many of the core elements and put them all together.
One thing i don't like is the spawn areas. But maybe thats down to playing MW2 to long. unless your in a squad you get booted back onto the edge of the map which is a pain.
The 1 thing which is bugging me and it might a real pain is the torches on the guns. The idea of them is great but when your faced with them in your face it's a different view all together.
I think the beta is more or less the finished verison graphics wise for the consoles. As they wouldn't have the time to do massive changes before the release.

It going to be good having the blend of 2 types of games. Battlefield when you want to play real war, team play and not be bothered about someone boosting to get a nuke. Then have mw3, when i want to have a no thrills, noob tubing session

Glad i've pre ordered it, just need to get a squad sorted out now lol

oh yeah, torches are a pain. but i bet they will be toned down, for release.

well its been confirmed the graphics are dumbed down for the beta, on console, all for download size.(1.4gb console, 4gb pc) so what you see, is not what you will get.

lol, i know what you mean about 'spawn area's'. but only on Rush. on conquest, you can spawn at any flag your team holds. even if your squad are all dead.
but is that not the point? if you run in all guns blazing, and all get shot, should there not be a penalty? this, as with BBC2, a squad/team based online game.

Last edited:
oh yeah, torches are a pain. but i bet they will be toned down, for release.

well its been confirmed the graphics are dumbed down for the beta, on console, all for download size.(1.4gb console, 4gb pc) so what you see, is not what you will get.

lol, i know what you mean about 'spawn area's'. but only on Rush. on conquest, you can spawn at any flag your team holds. even if your squad are all dead.
but is that not the point? if you run in all guns blazing, and all get shot, should there not be a penalty? this, as with BBC2, a team based online game.

Just was going to post about the graphics being dumbed down, you beat me to it lol. So thats a result as it's going to look more polished.
I hope you can get killed by falling trees as they could make some funny you tube videos lol

My only downside to it, is waiting 10 seconds(seems like 4 hours) when killed before you spawn, again thats down to being use to MW2 boom boom boom gameplay, i feel.

i think maybe it was good that they didn't include a map with tanks or jets. As no one would be fighting, they would be all camped out waiting to get on one.

Also had some feedback from people who love cod, they don't like it and aint getting it. As it's not "rewarding enough" when you get kills lmao

Also had some feedback from people who love cod, they don't like it and aint getting it. As it's not "rewarding enough" when you get kills lmao

bargain! best news I've heard since the release date for BF3.
I think cod players dont like anything different. after all cod is basically the same game now, as when it started. sure the graphics have been spruced up and you've got some new(er) guns. but every new title is the same old (I mean OLD) game.

they are also the largest group of game hackers on BBC2. ie "its difficult, so i will cheat!".

oh, and I've killed team members with trees,(death) on BBC2. helo parts kill too, as they fall to the ground

Been playing this beta for a few days, hooked on it already and definately glad I pre-ordered it. Can see COD being given a good run for it's money upon release :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back