bank charges

one of my mates, wrote a letter to his bank who gave him the charges back.. well, his past six years charges were £1200 in total.. The Bank made an offer of £725 and he gladly accepted it.. Gladly his bank never asked him to close his account.

I heard someone who had an A&L account. They did give the charge back but asked to close the account. shame on them !!!

I wanted further info as Im going to pursue my bank.. The BBC website has got really good advice.. which I have followed and drafted a letter..

Wish Me Luck !!!

I've just put a claim in myself.

THIS site has template letters to send and loads of help, with pages of success stories.

one of my mates, wrote a letter to his bank who gave him the charges back.. well, his past six years charges were £1200 in total.. The Bank made an offer of £725 and he gladly accepted it.. Gladly his bank never asked him to close his account.

I heard someone who had an A&L account. They did give the charge back but asked to close the account. shame on them !!!

I wanted further info as Im going to pursue my bank.. The BBC website has got really good advice.. which I have followed and drafted a letter..

Wish Me Luck !!!
my mate had paid £4600 in charges over 6 years, he was offered £2000, at first he nearly bit their hand off for it, but tried phoning the guy up who's name was at the bottom of the letter saying that he had split from his wife, stress etc over all this, the guy asked what it would take to make it all go away and he replied every penny. i kid you not he got it all back. do not take their first offer, after all it is your money

i keep gettin fined £30 by lloyds and i ******* hate them. u can phone em up and they will take 1 fine off. but the next one u gota pay. :mad: their theives

i keep gettin fined £30 by lloyds and i ******* hate them. u can phone em up and they will take 1 fine off. but the next one u gota pay. :mad: their theives

Went to lloyds today to give my manager the good news. He told me that it is so widespread now that they are creating a new branch to deal with it.

FORCE TO THE PEOPLE

I kept getting charged 38 quid every now and then from Natwest. No idea why, tried to get it back and only got offered 60% of the money... I was kind of amazed when there was no reason why i was being charged.
Not got a penny back yet.

well you get charged if you have an a returned DD or a S/O or if you have gone in unauthorised overdraft or above the agreed overdraft limit..

you are lucky that you've been offered 60%

Hmmm, I don't know, I've never been overdrawn or had a DD returened *shrugs* I went into the bank a couple weeks ago and luckily the branch manager (or something like that) was a girls mam i used to goto school with so maybe she was nice too me. I'll have to look into it abit more and find out why in the new year.
I went looking for a new bank after the second charge but got fed up after going into Lloyds and them wanting to charge me 11 quid a month for all these "fancy" extras that I said I don't want.
I hate banks.

i had a direct debit bounce agaes ago, i got a full refund in nationwide:) asid they could do it once :) its worth asking :p and pretending you forgot hehehehe

i think it doesent matter which bank you belong to they are all going to try it on:Kickassro

loydds

they take the piss i got charged 130 pound on 03/01/07 for one returned dd they took it with put me over =30pound then they returned it =30pound then charged me for not paying =30 i cant remember the rest and next mounth 90 pounds for something i hate them and as soon as i can get an account elsewhere im gonna do them for 6 years worth ahhhhh

Charges

Sorry but can't understand how anyone can end up gettimg charged £1200 or £4,600 - if they took £30 off me for an excess charge or £35 for returning an item, I would make sure it never happened to me again. Sympathetic re level of charges ie £30 or £35, thats why I wouldn't let it happen to me more than once, but people are taking the banks money without asking ? You wouldn't walk into a shop and walk out with more clothes or food than you had money to pay for ? Or would you ?

when you are in real financial shit it gets a bit hard to manage and make sure it doesnt happen again and even so some peeps are being charge 30 pound for taking 1 pound of the banks money for one day u must agree in that case 30 pounds is an unreasonable charge and to be charged because of charges is a bit unreasonable as well imho as this then become a vicious cycle that the bank profits heavily and just makes the poor bastard who is being rinsed by the banks financial situation even worse

They did it to me many times! I hated that bank for years, They lovge you if you stay in credit, but go over and they really take the mick. I lost thousands to them but it was more than 6 years ago now, so nothing I can do. Get your letters in, they will pay up as long as you can prove that they shouldnt have charged you!

Shall be doing this mysen soon, need to move house soon.

I'm with HSBC and I wouldnt be suprised if they asked me to bank elsewhere......

I'm sure other banks would take me on as I would have 2k to put in it from HSBC charges.

Back