Bad flash properties

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased an unlocked drive ( had one from the seller before with no issues) and put it into vendor mode, its a 16d4s so slim drive,

it started to write but then failed and now i can still get onto 0x72 vendor mode i get no flash properties, I tried to probe the pad as instructed in the jf tut but again, i get vendor mode but no flash properties, so im unable to erase or write to the board.

I have added a screen grab to this post

Any help please?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi Dave,

It does not look like its been drilled, if you need any other info just ask mate

Here you are, hope this helps

Many thanks

Like i said, it was fine when i first loaded JF, properties etc all their, but after the bad flash have lost the lot

Attachments

• 20121214_214524.jpg
    20121214_214524.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20121214_215007.jpg
    20121214_215007.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
hiya, must be a pcb from a drive that dint get updated, ive just found this while having a little search , not sure if its how you tried or not, but may help

1. power off the drive
2. click intro … make sure that in the same group box that …. Phat ( ) (*) Slim is selected
3. Click yes, to resend vendor intro
4. Now probe the MPX01 point with a probe attached to ground, T-X Probe 3 does exactly this.
5. power on the drive and remove the probe after 1 or 2 seconds
6. Drive should now be in vendor mode……

Looks like a winbond pcb , so not sure how he`s unlocked it , have you tried sending outro` then intro`ing it again?

Thanks Dilly, I will try a probe to gnd, but as you can see from one of the pictures, it is in vendor mode, just not properties

hiya, must be a pcb from a drive that dint get updated, ive just found this while having a little search , not sure if its how you tried or not, but may help

1. power off the drive
2. click intro … make sure that in the same group box that …. Phat ( ) (*) Slim is selected
3. Click yes, to resend vendor intro
4. Now probe the MPX01 point with a probe attached to ground, T-X Probe 3 does exactly this.
5. power on the drive and remove the probe after 1 or 2 seconds
6. Drive should now be in vendor mode……

Hi Dave,

Yeah tried that, but will keep going, I will make a probe wire up so i can do the probe to ground to see if I get the properties back, as I said, its in vendor mode, just nothing in properties, and without that it wont flash the board :(

Looks like a winbond pcb , so not sure how he`s unlocked it , have you tried sending outro` then intro`ing it again?

It started writing then when it went into the reading it failed as below

Getting Status from port 0x0000
SPi flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0x0000
Erasing:
Writing target buffer to flash
Writing Bank 0: ................
Writing Bank 1: ................
Writing Bank 2: ................
Writing Bank 3: ................
Flash Verification Test !
Reading Bank 0: Dump Failed

After that it was knacked :(

I have another drive here dave if you do them mate, i will put a pic of its properties up, if you can then pm me your price and i will send if you want mate, you could even have a play with this thing if you want.

Thanks for your time

This is my other standard drive if you can unlock it

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi Dave,

Not sure if you do the unlocking, if you or Dilly want to pm me if you can do this other one that would be great

Thanks for all your help tonight guys

It was probably a PCB from before the lock command being sent.

Have you tried CTRL+SHIFT+11 (F11?)

I dotn recall which it is, I rarely use JF these days, I think I have 3 keys in my DB now lol.

Hi Oggy,

The unit is on route to Dave, maybe he will try that just to see, thanks for your suggestion

Back