B*stard thieves!

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My poor uncle had his house broken into to this afternoon around 3pm!! They forced opened his PVC door into his porch then another PVC door! Trashed the whole place and stole all the kids stuff along with all their valuables!

Not a council house so they dont qualify for free alarm and to be honest they dont really have the money for one. So after fixing up his door for him so the family feel secure tonight I want to install an alarm for them.

Will probably need to go wireless and will probably need to be a budget kit, can anyone suggest anything?

If the prices are about the same as normal accenta panel then might do wired version.

Really pissed off they only went to the shops for an hour and come back to having their house trashed!!!

Looks like a half decent budget kit only thing is it doesn't appear to have a visible external box
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Dont like the look of that kit, might just do a wired system. Got a load of spare vipers already plus I already have a spare intellisense ag6 bellbox

Not a council house so they dont qualify for free alarm

What's that about mate? Is your council fitting free alarms?

Sorry to hear about your Uncle too. Hope they catch the feckers, though doubt they'll even try sadly.

imo an alarm is pointless unless it's linked to the cops, even more so a budget alarm..

Then again, perhaps I'm just paranoid seeing as my system logs all biometric access to the house, records all activity from numerous hidef CCTV cameras (with audio)/PIRs/PressureMats, features remote viewing and summons the pigs if the shit hits the fan (or I accidentally trigger the panic alarm :))

I would consider a system with an auto dialler or SMS text facility if you can't run a 'monitored' alarm though...

By dialling/texting yourself, you do at least avoid the monitoring charges without impairing the point of the alarm.

If your isolated and live in the countryside for example then you have to be linked to the police. If you have neighbours then all you need is a loud siren box imo. I have a ADE Optima Compact GEN4 Burglar Alarm which I wired myself to four PIR's including one in the garage. The alarm only cost £32 from ebay and I set it to chime when anyone enters the garage. I have yet to add a panic alarm to it but think its a must in this day and age :(

The reviews on that are positive, except for the humorous reviews from idiots that clearly shouldn't be installing them :)

Another bonus with a monitored system is someone will at least check it all works on a regular basis, so a walk test every 3 months or so is not a bad idea with a self install..

Back