Avoid Fake R4DS carts

Why should you avoid fakes as there doesnt seems to be any difference other than the fact you can use a larger memory card am I missing something here?

The link posted on the first page just appears to be a little scare tatic to get people to buy them from amazon stores possibly referal scheme?

"fake clones of the R4 which are less reliable and may damage your Nintendo DS" Has anyone had their DS damaged by using a fake card? Also dont forget reliability can be down to fake memory cards which have slower read and write speeds and are more likely to go corrupt even without the use of a cartridge.

"Buying a fake won’t even save you much money, but it is less likely to work, and more likely to crash" Again this statement is not true as fakes are a cheaper so do save money and are less likely to work? How many peoples cartridges dont work? Its your memory card which is likely to crash not the cartridge itself.

This warning is from some individual who probably has nothing to do with the original R4 or any other cartrdige for that matter and is just trying to make some money using scare tactics... Crappy website, a total amature so why should anyone believe this guy?

A person who registered his website on 9 September 2008 and well lives in Leamington Spa, I wont post his full name or address but a quick whois search will reveal that.

im fed up telling people suit yourself buy fakes carts lol enjoy your future updates

i have never said ANYTHING that relates to the fake carts bricking the NDS, they are simply crap and unreliable, i have a fake r4 here somebody gave me 2 weeks ago that stopped working after 4 months, i poped the inside out and it actually looks like theres corrosion all around the solder joints and thats whats caused it to break, the problem was that it was booting say once in 50 goes, other times it was stuck on loading... or just a white screen

how many peoples fake carts wont work?

take a step back and look at the fake RECOVERY thread, loads stopped working... sure they where fixable after a while but already there is a new update 1.17 that will most likely rebrick your ds cart
lol

see the fact is when your buying the real 1 i know this sounds very gimmicky but its very important with the NDS, you can be guaranteed that future updates will work

because we all know that nds games stop working on old software, then new software is needed and released...

Lets face it R4s are way to old now and anyone looking for a new flash cart should just avoid R4's full stop.

I was going to get an edge card, but they seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo at the moment.

gotta say i have had more issues with dstt's than i ever have with r4's (fakes included)

I love all my fake carts there cushty r4 and dstt whats the problem if they work cheap memory is what you should be avoiding

Back