Autotimer issue

cypher1055

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have the latest Vix Zeus image on my Vu Solo2 which has a 250Gb external hard drive to it. I have a problem recording programmes with the timer, despite changing default recording hard drive storage from 40 to 230Gb it is only recording programmes up to 90 min & stops well before the end of the programme? I have seen a message of not enough recording space once but not recently ?Need some advice guys

Your HDD is probably formatted in FAT32 which would cause this type of issue, you ideally need to get it formatted to ext4 using Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage device, this is for ViX menus by the way but I'm sure BH will have something similar.

I am getting error & asking me to run with e2fsck with alternative superblock?

If you have permanent time shift enabled you need to stop that first then give the box a restart and try again. Before you do this check what format the disk is already in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Your HDD is probably formatted in FAT32 which would cause this type of issue, you ideally need to get it formatted to ext4 using Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage device, this is for ViX menus by the way but I'm sure BH will have something similar.

Oh dear this change of format has been a disaster.
As I was getting an error on the box trying to format to ext 4, I found mini tool Partition wizard .

I formatted my hard drive to ext 4 which took more than 2 hours. I used a USB for picon & plugged in the newly formatted drive.
My box was stuck on loading for 15, so tried it without the hard drive after rebooting.

It did turn on & picons were working but epg stopped working, It was still enabled for Hdd , which I assumed was USB, on clicking the update it would just take a sec or two to go back epg menu but there wasn't an epg shown? could only seen the current & next programme listing?

Tried attaching the ext hard drive while it was running, but it didn't work.So decided to reformat it to exFat, same issue, went back to Fat32, same issue, stuck on loading.
Now my problems are

1) I have no epg,

2) my ext hard drive puts my box in a loading mode, so I have no hard drive attached for recording.

I am stuck & need help ASAP Guys

Configure the EPG to use the USB and make sure you test that the EPG is all working using the USB device. Then plug the HDD into a PC and remove any existing partitions on the HDD, do not format the HDD and then plug it into the box. Then try initialising the drive in the box.

By the way the box doesn't support plug and play hot swap so you can't plug the drive in or out whilst the box is running, if everything is running fine then you've got away with it but don't do that again.

Configure the EPG to use the USB and make sure you test that the EPG is all working using the USB device. Then plug the HDD into a PC and remove any existing partitions on the HDD, do not format the HDD and then plug it into the box. Then try initialising the drive in the box.

I tried to configure EPG to USB but in EPG settings I only get option of flash drive or HDD, no USB, how do I do that?

Then plug the HDD into a PC and remove any existing partitions on the HDD, do not format the HDD and then plug it into the box. Then try initialising the drive in the box.

I have been rebooting the box everytime after I have attached the HDD or USB & that's where the box is getting stuck on loading? Ext 4 is not recognised by Windows, shall I just use the minitool to delete it & then use the hard drive without formatting it?

Then plug the HDD into a PC and remove any existing partitions on the HDD, do not format the HDD and then plug it into the box. Then try initialising the drive in the box.

That has done the trick, now box is running with the hard drive in ext 4 format, have done an FTP for picon on the hard drive & have also setup EPG on the hard drive.All working for now.
One little issue noted though, sometimes when the box boot up there is no sound on any of the channels, so have to switch off & back on to make it work? Any advice on that?? ( I am using a Genuine Vu Solo 2 only 10 days old).

I wouldn't put the picons onto the HDD as you might encounter delays when channel changing if the HDD has gone to sleep. I use a very old small USB pen drive for my picons and EPG.

In terms of the audio, no idea I'm afraid. What image are you using? I'm using ViX 808 and will stick with it for the time being. AJT has posted about audio issue with ViX Zeus in another thread.

the no audio is a driver problem usually changing up a channel and back down will cure this but may need to done every time you reboot

Back