Software Audio/Video syncing problems after conversion.

orr971

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello there!!
I converted a video with WinAvi All in One to a. Make it a PS3 compatible video and b. Stick a subtitle file to the video.

I use it a lot and I don't have problems with it usually but with this particular file the output file's audio and video weren't synced right. The subtitles fit the audio track but the video was out of sync. Does anyone knows how can I stick a subtitle file to a video, a PS3 compatible video, without getting this problem or better yet: how to fix a video that is not synced right? Is there a good software I can use that will fix it?

Thanks!!!

In Nolan I Trust.

Hello there!!
I converted a video with WinAvi All in One to a. Make it a PS3 compatible video and b. Stick a subtitle file to the video.

I use it a lot and I don't have problems with it usually but with this particular file the output file's audio and video weren't synced right. The subtitles fit the audio track but the video was out of sync. Does anyone knows how can I stick a subtitle file to a video, a PS3 compatible video, without getting this problem or better yet: how to fix a video that is not synced right? Is there a good software I can use that will fix it?

Thanks!!!

In Nolan I Trust.

its been a while since i have messed around with video conversion but from what i remember this used to happen to me when converting from pal to ntsc. use gspot to find out if the original file is pal or ntsc. then encode in ntsc or pal whichever it is.

its been a while since i have messed around with video conversion but from what i remember this used to happen to me when converting from pal to ntsc. use gspot to find out if the original file is pal or ntsc. then encode in ntsc or pal whichever it is.

I don't know if WinAvi all in one has an option to choose between Pal to NTSC.
I'll check and try anyways. Thanks a lot.

But listen isn't there a software that moves the video a certain given period of time to sync with the audio, like you can do with subtitles on the Subtitle Editor?

In Nolan I Trust.

I don't know if WinAvi all in one has an option to choose between Pal to NTSC.
I'll check and try anyways. Thanks a lot.

But listen isn't there a software that moves the video a certain given period of time to sync with the audio, like you can do with subtitles on the Subtitle Editor?

In Nolan I Trust.

it is an option but it depends on what your converting from and to . if it doesnt have the pal ntsc option make sure it is set to keep original frame rate.

it is an option but it depends on what your converting from and to . if it doesnt have the pal ntsc option make sure it is set to keep original frame rate.

Actually I did that frame rate thing. Yeah! I convert to a PS3 (MP4) file.

In Nolan I Trust.

Actually I did that frame rate thing. Yeah! I convert to a PS3 (MP4) file.

In Nolan I Trust.

im pretty certain its to do with the frame rate. maybe it is not recognising the frame rate properly. check with gspot what the frame rate is on the original file and select that manually maybe. i havent tried winavi all in one i just use the video converter and havent had any issues. it will do mp4 i think all in one just has a lot of the settings pre set. that could be part f the problem though.

im pretty certain its to do with the frame rate. maybe it is not recognising the frame rate properly. check with gspot what the frame rate is on the original file and select that manually maybe. i havent tried winavi all in one i just use the video converter and havent had any issues. it will do mp4 i think all in one just has a lot of the settings pre set. that could be part f the problem though.

Okay I'll try and let you know.

In Nolan I Trust.

Okay. Tried. Now I found the gspot and downloaded and checked the video. It said 23.976 fps. Now I checked the converter and it was set to 25 fps. I was glad. I changed to 23.976, ran the process, annnnd - same problem. I changed to "keep original FR" and still exactly the same problem.
The funny thing is that BSPlayer wrote that the converted video is 25 fps which is impossible because I specifically changed the conversion properties to fit the original. What should I do next?

In Nolan I Trust.

Very weird. Maybe try a different converter program. Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Very weird. Maybe try a different converter program. Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Thank you very much anyways. You were helpful. Now I know the fps thing I'll check for that. And you really read my mind because I was just looking for a better software.

Do you have any suggestions? What is the best Video Converter that can convert to a file that PS3 will read and has adding subtitles option?

In Nolan I Trust.

I have never messed with subs but these days I use Winavi video converter and have never had any issues at all. I used to use tmpeg I think it was called but it takes a while with a fair few settings but really good results.

I have never messed with subs but these days I use Winavi video converter and have never had any issues at all. I used to use tmpeg I think it was called but it takes a while with a fair few settings but really good results.

I just tried Wondershare. So far it's really promising and it fixed the problem with that video!!!

In Nolan I Trust.

I just tried Wondershare. So far it's really promising and it fixed the problem with that video!!!

In Nolan I Trust.

So it's an allinone issue. Is it a legit version you have? Might be worth emailing them about it mate.

Glad your sorted.

Back