ATTENTION Ferarri VU Duo Clone Owners: New VU Drivers with Anti-Clone

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Chaps if you have a VU DUO Ferarri Clone avoid updating to any newer images unless they contain patched clone safe drivers.
New VU Drivers contain Anto-Clone measures in the DVB Modules drivers for the tuners. So your box will fail to boot and end up stuck on "starting".
This applies to all versions of the Ferarri Security module even the latest V3 chips with V3.2 firmware. Ferarri team are apparently working on a 3.3 firmware update to get around the anti clone measures.
Im not sure of the exact date the new drivers with anti clone were released but they are included in images from mid-august time.

20/08/2013 is the last image that you can use, I think, after which the newer drivers, with bugs were introduced.

I'm not holding out much hope in the Ferarri team releasing anything this time this year if their past showings are to be judged by.

20/08/2013 is the last image that you can use, I think, after which the newer drivers, with bugs were introduced.

I'm not holding out much hope in the Ferarri team releasing anything this time this year if their past showings are to be judged by.

Those bugs have since been fixed but the anti clone measures are still there ( a good thing in my opinion but no doubt you dont want to hear that ).

Chaps if you have a VU DUO Ferarri Clone avoid updating to any newer images unless they contain patched clone safe drivers.
New VU Drivers contain Anto-Clone measures in the DVB Modules drivers for the tuners. So your box will fail to boot and end up stuck on "starting".
This applies to all versions of the Ferarri Security module even the latest V3 chips with V3.2 firmware. Ferarri team are apparently working on a 3.3 firmware update to get around the anti clone measures.
Im not sure of the exact date the new drivers with anti clone were released but they are included in images from mid-august time.

Thanks for the info, was thinking of changing the image on my clone as my openvix keeps freezing every so often! Will stick to older ones ;)

Those bugs have since been fixed but the anti clone measures are still there ( a good thing in my opinion but no doubt you dont want to hear that ).

Yes, read about the updates to fix the issues. It doesn't bother me if Ferrari fix the issue or not to be honest, I do have a clone for messing around with but I also have an original.

Thanks for the info, was thinking of changing the image on my clone as my openvix keeps freezing every so often! Will stick to older ones ;)

Theres already patched clone safe images of newer OpenVIX, OpenPLI 4.0 and other images available for both V2 and V3 Ferarri clones. I can upload them to the downloads section if you need them.

Back