Atmega 163 NTL Help

zach2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please can someone tell me what exactly I need to do to program a atmega 163 card to auto update with ntl?

I have a infinity usb programmer and I have been programming Funcards for ages, but since they go off every day I want to auto update.

How long do atmega's last before I will need to re-program?

Can someone point me to a decent tutorial? All I have found in the downloads section is tuts by davidh which are for telewest or cw.

Thanks

Nice 1 mate,
So all I do is generate a .bin file using by details?

Load up the flash in my infinity software
Load up the Exteep (.bin file) in my infinity software
Then write to card?

Do i have to fill in the cam part? I aint got a clue about that.

Thanks

zach2k5 said:
Please can someone tell me what exactly I need to do to program a atmega 163 card to auto update with ntl?

I have a infinity usb programmer and I have been programming Funcards for ages, but since they go off every day I want to auto update.

How long do atmega's last before I will need to re-program?

Can someone point me to a decent tutorial? All I have found in the downloads section is tuts by davidh which are for telewest or cw.

Thanks

check ya pms

Just use the exteep generator fill in your ird and box key, select your cable provider then save. Load the toxic7 file to flash and the exteep bin you created to the ext eprom. No need to put in info for cams or keys. Write the card, put it in your stb and you should be good to go!

Thanks for your help.

About the .bin file, does that need to be converted to .hex? or is it ok to write it as .bin?

With your help programming atmega seems as easy as funcard.

How many key changes do these cards survive before they need reprogramming?

zach2k5 said:
Thanks for your help.

About the .bin file, does that need to be converted to .hex? or is it ok to write it as .bin?

With your help programming atmega seems as easy as funcard.

How many key changes do these cards survive before they need reprogramming?

it needs to be converted to a hex file its a simple drag and drop job

No need to change it to a hex file m8. I kept mines as bin file and it works fine. (I'm using a Dynamite programmer)

With regards to key changes, dunno m8? Possibly someone else can answer that one. My card has been through about 10 or so now with no problems. Didnt even know key changes happened until I came on here to check out the latest.

Let us know how you get on!

cyber said:
it needs to be converted to a hex file its a simple drag and drop job
no it doesn't - you can write the bin file m8

Back