Asus Eee PC Prob

Dingodog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Friends Asus Eee PC will not boot up, here is the start up sequence.
Turn on, you get start up screen with the Asus logo on and on the bottom you get the option to "press F2" to run set up and "press tab" to display bios post message. It then goes to a black screen with white writng giving the "start windows normally" and "safe mode" options. then it goes to the regular Windows XP start screen and after about a second flicks off and for a split second you can see the regular blue screen with white writing, but its so fast you cant read what it says. This then repeats itself. Any ideas please.
I'm off out so I cant reply for a while :)))
EDIT
I have trird all the start options given to no avail

Last edited:
either hardware fault like your ram or insufficient voltage to components

your trying to boot up xp with new components such as motherboard

corrupted version of xp

try going into safe mode, so press f8 a few times after your turn it on and choose safe mode

if nothing helps then put xp cd in choose repair option when it offers u chance to install xp, u dont want to go into recovery console !

Grab a copy of XP that can be run from USB stick (e.g. BartPE or picoXP) and run chkdsk volume: /r (where 'volume' is the letter of the boot drive).

Failing that use the repair option (as suggested above) when booting from external optical drive or USB stick.

if you are quick enough, try pressing "pause/break" when the blue screen comes up. this should let you read the error. sounds like corrupted Windows filing. i would suggest a "none destructive" re install. should be one of the features in the repair console.

if you are quick enough, try pressing "pause/break" when the blue screen comes up. this should let you read the error. sounds like corrupted Windows filing. i would suggest a "none destructive" re install. should be one of the features in the repair console.

In order of BSOD, commenly this is the best option, as an extra tip.. do not install a full ( loaded) version of xp, strip it down with NLite or get yourself a pre stripped version.

My EEE was tossing me off with a full size install... i did a Lite install and its still running clean after a year :D

If u stil get problems and stuff, you could low level format your hdd, this to exclude sector errors.

Still no proper solution, possibility's of faulty memory.

When in warranty, just send it in.

Best regards from holland

Back