astra 1.4 16v ecotec engine 2000 reg

If the dealer is anygood I find it hard to believe he would have shipped it without checking coolent level so it looks like it is a recent issue.

I bought a 3 year old Vauxhall Zafira from a local branch of Reg Vardy, it had NO OIL in it!

I found out a couple of hours later on a motorway when the car went into 'limp home' mode.

The oil pressure light was malfunctioning so there was no warning on the dash.

if you can remove spark plugs then crank over engine water shooting out of cylinder its gone,also causing hydraulic lock causing engine to lock.
starting up from cold engine usually runs on 3 cyls untill clear.

thanks mate il give that a go in the morning see if the engine revives for a little bit longer till i can get this business with the dealers or warrenty sorted out

did you buy the car on finance if so you could also tell them that you are stopping the payments till its sorted.

Phone CAB in the morning (If they are open) and speak to them, also phone the dealers and let them know you have done this and they will be in touch asap.

But a lesorn needs to be lernt from this, you should allways have someone come with you to check the car over as all this hassle could have been easlity avoided by checking the oil cap and walking away!

if water comes out of cylinders the head gasket is gone,but engine turns over now,i would not start to try and drive car as more serious damage may be done,having said that got a zafira towed in possibe seized engine just stopped on motorway probable no oil as who checks theirs now:Clap::Clap:

if water comes out of cylinders the head gasket is gone,but engine turns over now,i would not start to try and drive car as more serious damage may be done,having said that got a zafira towed in possibe seized engine just stopped on motorway probable no oil as who checks theirs now:Clap::Clap:

was it witchys zafira

will check the 42 hand prints on car:proud:

But a lesorn needs to be lernt from this, you should allways have someone come with you to check the car over as all this hassle could have been easlity avoided by checking the oil cap and walking away!

i did check the oil before i brought the car, this is what the annoying thing is, if there was any cream when i checked it i would have walked away from it like i did with other astras when i were looking, as ive said before the oil was fine eno traces of cream

Anyone who dosnt check their oil at least twice a money they need a kick in the baws

Takes 2 secs to do it and saves you ££££££££ of repair bills :(

dont blame yourself m8 these things happen. What i do not understand is why they let you take the car without the warranty being in place first. So what i am saying is they may have known what the fault was delayed your warranty and then blamed the damage on you.A very crafty move on their part.

yea i bet they did cause the way they were acting when i went to see them showed that they were unconfortable with me being there as with the warrenty at first they told me cause i got the car at a reduce price we do not give warrenties then when i went to them about the problem they gave me the warrenty then, well im gona leave the engine as is not gonna try and start it and wait till monday till i can get in touch with CAB see what they say in this matter

good idea try not to start it goodluck at the cab on monday m8 keep us posted

I know this is about a renault but just read the tricks this garage got up to

hi just an update on this problem finally got the car into the garage today and its bad news, they have told me that a con rod has snapped and gone through the oil sump so the engine is now fucked and needs replacing they have said that this is the reason the head gasket has gone. and this isnt covered by the warrenty

have just contacted trading standards and have been told that i have to first write an offical letter to the trader stating the problems and that they have broken the sale of goods act and that i want a refund,

has any one taken this step and difficult is it to get your money back this way, would it end up in small claims court??

this is the letter that im sending to the dealership please can you tell me how it sounds and if it ok to use

I am writing to you in regards to the car that I had purchased from your dealership, the car in question is a Vauxhall Astra 1.4 16v LS with registration W*** ***. I had brought this car on the 22/06/2010 for the price of £1295 with 56495 miles on the odometer.

This car in question has been in my possession for just under three weeks and in this time the engine has seized up within two weeks, the car has been checked out by an independent garage and they have come to the conclusion that the internal Con Rod had been snapped and this in turn has gone through the oil sump of the car, thus taking out the Cylinder Head gasket and other major components therefore rendering the engine immobile. In the experience of the garage they have stated that the broken Con rod was there when the car had been purchased thus there had been a major fault with the car prior to purchasing it so making the car unfit for use.

In the opinion of the independent garage the car in question for its age and mileage should not have had a fault like this and should not have been sold in this condition.

Under the sales of goods act the contract between us has been broken as the car in question had not been fit for purpose when it had been sold.

I have sought advice for consumer direct who are a body of trading standards and have also sought legal advice from a solicitor. Due to the car not being fit for purpose and the legal contract being broken I will only settle for a refund of the price paid above.

I would be highly grateful if you could respond to this matter within 14 days and settle this matter, if this matter cannot be settled I will be forced to take the matter further with my solicitors, with trading standards and with the citizen’s advice bureau.

this is the letter that im sending to the dealership please can you tell me how it sounds and if it ok to use

I am writing to you in regards to the car that I had purchased from your dealership, the car in question is a Vauxhall Astra 1.4 16v LS with registration W*** ***. I had brought this car on the 22/06/2010 for the price of £1295 with 56495 miles on the odometer.

This car in question has been in my possession for just under three weeks and in this time the engine has seized up within two weeks, the car has been checked out by an independent garage and they have come to the conclusion that the internal Con Rod had been snapped and this in turn has gone through the oil sump of the car, thus taking out the Cylinder Head gasket and other major components therefore rendering the engine immobile. In the experience of the garage they have stated that the broken Con rod was there when the car had been purchased thus there had been a major fault with the car prior to purchasing it so making the car unfit for use.

In the opinion of the independent garage the car in question for its age and mileage should not have had a fault like this and should not have been sold in this condition.

Under the sales of goods act the contract between us has been broken as the car in question had not been fit for purpose when it had been sold.

I have sought advice for consumer direct who are a body of trading standards and have also sought legal advice from a solicitor. Due to the car not being fit for purpose and the legal contract being broken I will only settle for a refund of the price paid above.

I would be highly grateful if you could respond to this matter within 14 days and settle this matter, if this matter cannot be settled I will be forced to take the matter further with my solicitors, with trading standards and with the citizen’s advice bureau.

I think it's ok but you have a spelling mistake mate. :)

Back