Asian Channels Available On Dreambox

If i compromise 30W for 24.5W will i beable to get 13E /16E/19E/28.2E.... thats a 40degree spread isnt it ??? i already have sky all channels...so thats not really my requirement...i wish to access asian channels primarily on intelsat 905 @24.5W...and on Hotbird/Astra...and i think majority of English channels are on these sats as well...or is there more to be had like TPS/Hispasat channels... would i be able to change the language on those ?
hence my preference would be 1dish with 3/4/5 LNB's (or as many as i can...what about all those photos of Wave with 16 LNB's ) pointing at 24.5west to 13 east if ican by doing anything like Modifications additions etc etc .
and iam again torn between which reciever to get... as i am in the process of building a HTPC which will have dual Tuner cards...and hence a PVR functionality...would getting a 2 tuner DM 7025 be of any further benefit to me? and because its a HTPC it wil be right next to my STB's ...there fore i can even leave the HDD cant I? so a Dm500S seems a good choice but it dosent have CF and USB so multiboot is going to be problem???
or a dedicated 2 tuner with its own HDD 7025 be better in all for me..??
I already have a NTL with Nokia DBOX2 and a sky STB and Powersat ( a chinese generic copy i think) which i havent connected as i only have a sky dish at momnet... so i am thinking of justbuying a multifeed dish hopefully with all your suggestions then fitting it with the powersat and then meantime i would have my mind set up for which dreambox to choose. What do you guys say ?

I would not like to advise you regarding a receiver. I have a dreambox 500S. I only have it about 5 weeks so I am only learning my way around it. I did not want to splash out on a 7025 until I could find my way around a 500.
Regarding the channels on Hispasat the Spanish are also available on Astra 19.2E and you can change the audio on most movie and general entertainment channels but not on the sport. Most of the Portuguese movie and general entertainment channels are in original language (mainly english) with Portuguese subtitles. Again not the sport.
If you want to get 24.5W then 40 degrees from there will bring you up to 15.5E so you should get 16E. You will not however be able to get 19.2E, 16E & 13E on the one 80cm or 90cm dish as the LNB holders will be in the way. On an 80cm dish with 2 lnb's pointing at Astra 19.2 & Hotbird 13E the lnb's are virtually touching each other so there is no room for anything in between.

Last edited:
so how did your experience with db500S is so far ? what features did you find missing (HDD/CF/USB..Multiboot)or anything else .. it will give me insight about making my own mind up regarding which model to buy... and even if you are 5 weeks into dreambox still thats More expereince then me and i certainly APPRECIATE your's and ANYONE elses's opinion and advice regards that... so a big thank you to all users new and old who help make this and other forums like these the real reason for having internet....BIG UP you GUYS

last what about using a Astra + Hotbird Monoblock .. will that take up one LNB position and i can add 3 other LNB's then?
I am ordering the Multibeam dish from HM-Sat.de and will try and fir it myself....will be a learning curve but i think i should be able to do it... only thing is finding the right spot at my house....i want more accessible spot for ongoing work/mantainence and trying out new things....so chimney is out of the way ...although it has the best view south east+west....i would like to install in my back yard... but am afraid might not have enough to clear my roof or the neighbours?? is there any way except for using the dish with a TV to find that out ??otherwise the front side of the house can and hopefully should acomodate the dish...and i will try and set it up for what ever i can set it up for.. i guess trial and error will be the name of the game...any further advice in this regards will be much appreciated ...

Latest update is that i have ordered the multibeam dish and will try all the sat positioning myself to find out ....whats gonna work.. or not.. so fingers crossed..

Back