Asian Channels Available On Dreambox

shaktoo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello All,
I wonder if anyone could tell me which and How many asian channels e.g STAR TV/ ZEE MOVIES/ARY DIGITAL etc could be got with a dreambox ?
also which image would be the best for these channels?
and lastly which satellite ( e.g 28.2E etc etc would be the best for these and the kinda regular S*Y channels
i currently have a dbox2 for cable and am thinking of getting a sat box like Dreambox but primarily for getting more asian channels and more English language channels showing recent US SHOWS
would appreciate any help
Thanks

Those channels and the 'regular sky' ones arent hacked so the answer will probably be- zero, unless you have access to an official subscription card?
Sorry its not what you want to hear.

Not Necessarily.Many of these Channels are not on NDS but other encryption.. many are actually FTA on Astra. only STAR family i think is NDS...there are european feeds for these channels which might be on Nagra etc etc.. so my question was is there anyone out there who has any experience/any luck in getting these channels?and again...i am not interested in sky pack...just the TV programmes e.g LOST/HEROES/24/PRISON BREAk etc etc there are other european providers (spanish/german dutch)who probably dont have NDS.. am I wrong ? IS IT JUST WISHFUL THINKING?

I had a quick look at the asian channels you listed but apart from the fta ones I cannot view any others. However I may not have the codes for these in my softcam file as I really would not be interested in them. The other shows you mentioned (LOST/HEROES/24/PRISON BREAK) are probably available on channel AXN or FOX which is available on both Spanish and Portuguese packages.

Spanish is available on both Astra 19.2E and Hispasat 30W. Portuguese is available on Hispasat. Both are using encryption Nagravision2 which is somewhat hacked at the moment. German is also in the same state and is available on Astra 19.2E. Have a look at Lyngsat.com to see channel lists etc. You can link to the program listings from there.

zaf2002, you have 2 cable boxes so you wont get spanish or portuguese channels. You need a satellite setup I think you have ventured into the wrong area.

...i am not interested in sky pack...just the TV programmes e.g LOST/HEROES/24/PRISON BREAk etc etc there are other european providers (spanish/german dutch)who probably dont have NDS.. am I wrong ? IS IT JUST WISHFUL THINKING?
Yes you have this right. Satellite tv provides many different packages from many european countries, many do have english language programs.
There are always different hacks, current providers include- French, German, Portuguese, Turkish, Spanish, plus sometimes recently Polish, Arabic, Dutch, Greek, and probably more i've forgotten lol. The spanish package is usually good for those usa programs you have mentioned. Sometimes asian packages may be available but not currently that i know of.

Thanks to Pinkhelmets and Zaf and last... it does answer my questions... zaf is that dreambox sat or cable ? sagem is cable ? and which satellite have you it on M8 like Astra etc? also which image and softcam you using ? would be a GR8 Help....Thanks once again...and another question about setup then.... will i have to get a 80cm dish ? should it be a motorised setup? or will a fixed setup will do????also correct me if i am wrong but i wouldnt be able to use a sky dish to hook up a FTA reciever and get those channels?

Yes mt8 I have dreambox and dbox and zee tv, ary digital, star tv, zee cinema, I can view all of them. I have dreambox 500c and sagem dbox2.

a dreambox 500c is the cable version

you would also need a motorised satellite dish to pick up all the sats you want, and to give you the best choice

A motorised setup would definitely give you most choice and if you were going with that I would suggest at least use a 1 metre dish. I would also consider a fixed dish arrangement of 2 dishes with a 4 way diseqc switch. One dish pointing at Astra1 (19.2E) with 2 offset lnb's picking up Astra2/Eurobird (28.2 & 28.5E) and hotbird (13E). The other dish pointing at Hispasat (30W). This would give you a good choice and is more suitable for channel zapping as you dont have to wait for a dish to move. Even a single fixed dish pointing at Hispasat at the moment will give you both Spanish and Portuguese channels, although a sky minidish would be less than ideal and some channels would not be available. Many cheap FTA receivers can be patched to give these channels on Hispasat but if buying from scratch you would be better off with something better like Dreambox that can do so much more.

thanks digiguide & Last. I would definitely consider 2 fixed dish setup if that would mean less time to move between zapping. for this purpose would a 80cm dish do ?
whats your opinion on Wave Toroidal T90 ? will that do with 3 or 4 LNB's running through a DiseqC switch onto Dreambox?
again there is HUGE learning curve for me regarding Dreambox/REELBOX/triple Dragon/Kaon/Relook/Starsat etc etc etc you know the list... which one is better etc etc .. i am going to actually compile a list regarding the Pros/Cons for all these
any & ALL suggestions welcome... especially about autoupdate / keyrolls/ you know like dbox2 features on a DVB-S box.....

@shaktoo.hi,ive got a three fixed dish set up.one trained at 28.2e (60cm) another at 30w(65cm)and one old lenson heath 80cm dish with two lnbs(19.2 and 13e)on a bracket.all through a 4 way diseqc.the whole set up works fine with my 7yr old 2110 echostar reciever and with various cams(diablo,dragon,etc).this set up has served me well for the good part of 6yrs or so.quick zapping of channels between the sats mentioned,(ideal for a favorite list). more than enough stuff to view.hope this helps you m8.
regards sachin.

I had just posted this last week on an other forum about the Wave Toroidal T90 so I just cut and pasted it to here. I have a wave frontier dish 90cm. Not using it at the moment as I need to re install it. I bought it from hm-sat. I think it was 125 euro but they are now 109 euro. To be truthful I never really gave it the time to set it up properly as it was difficult because of where I had it mounted. Someday soon I will locate it at ground level on a new wall I have built and give it more time. It does take quite a bit of setting up. I would like to mention a couple of things regarding the Wave frontier I could never get a signal strength or quality much above 70%. Using an old channel master 80 cm dish pointed at Astra1 with 2 offset lnbs I can get 90%+ on Astra2 and hotbird using the same receiver. Although this signal was 70% I had no problem with picture breakup. Another problem I had was trying to use quad or octo lnb's was not a real success as the frame supporting the front deflector got in the way.
I now have a Multibeam Sat.-Antenne Maximum I bought in hm-sat for 79 euro. It was quite simple to set up and once you got the angle right it was just a matter of sliding the Lnb holder along the guide to pick up additional sats with the exception of sirius and thor (they probably need a bigger dish).
I would like to add that others that use a Wave Toroidal T90 have posted their complete satisfaction with it. It can handle over 10 Lnbs. Diqsec switches that can switch up to 8 lnbs are now quite cheap.

Thanks Last for the informative post. Although on paper the Wave sounds great but I am a noob at setting up dishes. Multibeam looks promising and simple.now i need advice regarding recievers.
I wish to get something like dreambox7025S add HDD and use it as PVR.of course i am interesyed in the SC(softCam) and what it can & is currently doing.as my first post main goal is to be able to view as many Asian channels like Star / ARY / Zee / Sahara / .is a dreambox the the only major option? what about the patchable technomates or the likes ? are they able to achieve the same functionality ? what about autoupdate/keyupdate or you have to Flash keys anytime they are changed ?i am trying to find a decent full review on 7025 but no satisfaction yet ? anyon epoint me in the right direction.

The Technomate 1000/1500 range receivers are simple and user-friendly, yes they still have same channels available as other receivers.
The dreambox 7025 is a great receiver and additionally provides pvr function, but can be difficult to set up and requires a network connection.
There are dozens of other receivers, these are just the most popular types- technomates & dreambox's.

Asian channels questions have been answered already in previous posts, not really relevant to softcam as they arent available. Keys and any other updates are done as and when needed. Maybe each day, maybe every few days, maybe weekly, but some are auto-update. This can depend on what you watch and there are no set dates for changes to occur.

Hopefully that helps with any confusion, not sure what other advise you need?

Thanks Pinkhelmet.I have been looking and looking online and DM7025 looks like what i will order. What I want is to have a multifeed setup that is 4-5 Lnb's on a single dish rather then go motorised. but am not sure what exactly will i be able to get? I live in Dublin,Ireland and on seraching am probably sure can get from Atlantic Bird2 @8W to Hispasat30W & ? maybe Panamsat 45W?and Eutelsat W1 @10E to Eurasiasat1/Turksat @42E .
The sats I WANT and preferably on a single dish( Multibeam sat as suggested by LAst) is The usual ASTRA/HOTBIRD/Eurobird/ and Intelsat [email protected]/Intelsat10 and ?? Atlantic [email protected]???
is this at all possible? or is there any combination of these could be setup? or would i need 2 dishes for that ? would 80 or 90 cm suffice?
another question is about Irdeto2? so far i have foundonline that it IS possible to see the channels encrypted with Ir2 on Dreambox.. what i am NOT sure about is ? with a softcam or using Irdeto2 Card? which EMU is basically decoding WHAT?
Also confusing is using Skycard with dreambox? can i use a 3 year old Skycard? probably is inactive @present.. but could that be used with any softcam?this is just as a matter of curiosity as i already have a sky package but wondering if i could just use that somewhere else and another for dreambox?
thanks

The Multibeam or Wave toroidal can pick up sats approx uo to 40 - 42 degrees apart. So you would need at least 2 if you want to pick up what you listed above. If you want 30W the the furthest Eastern Sat you would pick up on the same dish would be at 10E possibly 13E at a push. Also because of the size of the Lnb holders 2 adjacent sats have to be 4.5 - 5 degrees apart. You can get Hotbird 13E & Astra1 19E but you cannot get 13 e & 16E or 16E & 19E.
A dreambox will only read an active Sky card. It can be use to Card share where you can read somebody elses card but I have not yet got involved in that.
With regard to Irdeto2 I understand that some is available but I have not got a dish aligned to pick it up.

Back