Are you a dial up user?

kms

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering how many peeps using DW are on dial-up?

If so, then I have been using a utility from www.onspeed.com that really makes your surfing experience a lot more faster if you were using dial-up.

Am I advertising for them?

NO... I have been using this service since the beginning of this year and must say, It truly truly works.

What does it enable you to do?
Well, if you are frustrated by having a slow Internet connection then its a real alternative to Broadband.

ONSPEED is a software download which utilises a unique compression technology that increases your existing Internet connection speed by up to 5 times (though this is sometimes questionable)

How much does ONSPEED cost?
ONSPEED costs just £24.99 a year.

Where can i find more information to specific questions
Have a read of the faqs on the site

Are there any more options available to faster your connection using Dial-up?I don't know. But please post if you knew there was something else available.

just out of intrest what do you pay for dialup now

£12.49 p/m with N*L... - 24 hour access but with a 2 hour window (cuts after 2 hours and to reconnect, you have to dial again).

have you had a look at tiscali they do a 150kbps for 15.99 or a 256kbps for 17.99
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/anytime.html?code=ZZ-NL-12JY click on the product comparison only a few squid more and i think its unlimited but there is a £25 setup fee i moved to broadband from bt about a year ago and would never go back to dialup but its down to what you can afford and the extra few pounds some people can just not quite stretch to

Cheers damage.

1 question ... are there any caps on broadband from Tiscali? I searched and searched on their website but cannot find this info...unless its very clearly hidden away!!!

kms said:
Cheers damage.

1 question ... are there any caps on broadband from Tiscali? I searched and searched on their website but cannot find this info...unless its very clearly hidden away!!!

i don't think there is m8 but not 100% sure

I've only just changed from dial up and was thinking of using this service as a stop gap...but once you see the difference and can justify the xtra expense then it's well worth it..:)

Having to use freenet dialup while I am in belfast but normally 750 BB with BY

im on 1.5mb with ntl and i have to say its brilliant service, its always on :) my uncle is still on dial up and the tones seem a distant memory

Back