Apple TV ?

Arghhh still don't know what to do.

Got iphone 6 an it's meant to work well with AirPlay ? As the phone connects directly to the apple box and doesn't rely on the wifi network.

You're going to want a 2nd gen. Take it from someone who bought a 3rd gen...

3rd gen is essentially an expensive way to pay to watch TV. (E.g. CrunchyRoll, Netflix etc..) streaming from the iPhone is unreliable as hell and doesn't work half the time. I wish I went with a Roku or something similar.

First post!~ saw this thread and had to give you my opinion / fact.

Good luck!!

Edit:
Oh and when I said it was unreliable, I was talking about movie box streaming to it. Half the time it doesn't work.. The movie loads on the device but not OTA.

I have movie box and do not have any streaming issues, though I do on most (not all) download rather than stream direct. This is because I take the Ipad away on work.

Yes sometimes Movie box does not work but that is even on the ipad and not becuase I am streaming to the TV. its technology and runs on servers so as with everythigng will be times that quality is impaired.

I have no desire to jailbreak as servers that particular purpose.

I do have ROKU and I have Plex installed and have server accounts that I pay £5 a month for effectively the same service as the Apple TV box again suits as I dont want a load of stuff on my PC or streaming from PC to TV box as PC is for family as well.

If you get a worse service on Apple it might be your internet and I do not know what service you have but a download test I have just down clocked me an average of 44mbps so not to bad for 6pm at a peak period.

Really does say there is not a one size fits all, some want to hack others not so so it depends on what you want and what suits your current position.

I've never have any problems streaming content from an ipad or ipod touch to my atv3 with Airplay.

I think k43nu probably has network issues

Ty peeps. My net is 100 meg down and 5-6 up, pretty stable usually.

Picked up a Apple TV 3 today for £30 ! Didn't have any cables but that's not an issue as had some at home lol

Any useful work arounds for these yet ? Got movie box on iPad so can stream films ....

Your not going to get anywhere with the ATV3 for 'extras'. The ATV2 is the one, so glad I kept mine.

Firecore are trying, who knows if they will crack it... It is worth their while if they do as they will clean up with the black edition of their software. One of the better purchases I ever made.

I notice in your post that your Net is 100mb down and 5/6 up ? Are you talking about your broadband or internal network? To stream it is your internal network (apologies if you know all this).

Back