Apple or laptop?

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok need advice AGAIN. :)

I posted in general as I thought it was more of opinions than technical info.

As some may know I'm trying to run a catering business but am struggling with paper work etc. I currently have a old Dell laptop (about 6yrs old that runs like a 2 legged horse) so it's hard to use. Battery and charger also need replacing. I also have a PC connected to the TV but with the family wanting to watch crap on TV it's hard and I have limited time using it.

So do I now buy a new laptop or bite the bullet and get a Apple Mac air/pro??

I will use it as a laptop and take it places so battery life is important and I need one place to store all my info as at moment it's spread around on laptop, flash drive and PC.

PC WORLD are doing buy now pay within 12 months on Apple with no interest (done this with the iPad and paid it off. 24%APR no chance I'm paying on the never never)

Advice please on:

PC or Apple - if Apple Air or Pro

I have everything for PC like office etc but is it as easy to get the programs I require for free with apple or do u jail break the laptop??

Cheers

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it a personal choice, i personally have spent a couple of years moving away from windows to apple and love the os (windows 8 pushed me). But there are many who dislike apple and would never touch thier hardware (i really hate the mobile devices).

Your best bet would be to go into store and play with a mac and see what you think. I have a mini mac (very very good little machine i use it as a server as well thats on 24-7) and a mac book pro i got of this forum. After the hard drives have been upgraded to ssd the machines FLY.

Apple macs are less naggy than the constant stream of updates you get on a windows machine. Ive got a couple of windows machines but they never get used anymore unless its for a game that is windows only - when i needed it the other day it took me nearly 2 hours before i could use the machine because of updates after updates.

If you dont like change then mac for the moment may be the right move, the os has stayed mostly the same for nearly 20 years, its got prettier but the mechanics have remained unlike the win 8 shambles.
I have 2 macs when i instal a app from the store it mirrors on the other machine, using apple cloud i can leave a document on my mini and resume on my pro. Both machines are identical when i open them up as they are synced using my account, only external apps are not synced.

Have you looked at loading a linux os on your machine like mint or ubuntu, you maybe pleasntly suprised how quick your old machine run when its not bogged down with all the clutter. You can download a iso and run it from cd just to see if you like it first before doing a full instal.

edit,

You dont need to jailbreak a mac, if you want to run a program you can easliy download the .dmg file and instal it to your app folder and away you go, the only thing is you wont be able to update it in the app store (big deal).
Mac office, excel, and powerpoint are now free on the mac store.

Last edited:
Its about personal choice mate i have both , the new mac air has an all day battery life so ideal for want u want, i personally have the new mac book pro retina with again a great battery life , for reliability , speed, and great battery life id have to say a mac if you have the money

Back