iPhone apple iphone 4g

foxybabe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have just brought a iphone 4g with firmware 4.1 its locked to vodaphone is it possible to get that unlocked from any where thnx.

Mine was locked to T-Mobile but was told reop666.ultrasn0w.com would do it i was on fw 01.59.00 worked fine

You would need to jailbreak it first afaik foxybabe. Then you can unlock it to any network. Have a read of the stickies, should be some info there.

Your going to need to use limera1n or greenp0ison to jailbreak the device.

i thorght 4.1 couldnt be unlocked because it updates the baseband ???

you can get this unlocked by the network provider, as far as ultrasn0w goes at the moment there is no unlock[either ultrasn0w or limesn0w] due to the baseband ,when apple offically release 4.2 fw thats when you will see the ulocks appear, at the moment the 4.2 is only at beta 2 gm

You would need to jailbreak it first afaik foxybabe. Then you can unlock it to any network. Have a read of the stickies, should be some info there.

Your going to need to use limera1n or greenp0ison to jailbreak the device.

Hi did do the jailbreak no problem also did download the repo666.ultrasn0w.com but still no luck the carrier is vodafone uk 8.0 version 4.1 (8B117) any idea thnx.

Hi did do the jailbreak no problem also did download the repo666.ultrasn0w.com but still no luck the carrier is vodafone uk 8.0 version 4.1 (8B117) any idea thnx.

hi foxybabe ultrasn0w wont work with 4.1 fw at the moment

So is there any way of getting it unlock for now? Cause right now its a very expensive ipod lol

yep your network provider can do it well i know 02 can , but it will cost you money 15/20 quid, just phone them up

yep your network provider can do it well i know 02 can , but it will cost you money 15/20 quid, just phone them up

Hi biffo i got this phone from someone who was with vodafone im with orange so do i just go to either and ask them to unlock it?

contact orange they will unlock it can take a couple of weeks to come through though...well mine did last time.

cheers.

Hi biffo i got this phone from someone who was with vodafone im with orange so do i just go to either and ask them to unlock it?

if the original sp is voda then its voda u need to contact i would have thought

Last edited:
i had iphone4 was on voda and my sim was orange so i phoned them and they unlocked it!....took there time tho.

If your on a contract then vodafone will unlock the phone for free after 3 months, otherwise you have to pay 15 or 25 quid.

i was on a contract with orange but phone was on voda and orange charged me £15 to unlock it.....greedy basts,suppose it was worth it at the time as there was no unlock.

cheers.

i gave them a call but if theres an orange stor close by i'd pop in maybe a bit quicker.

cheers.

I unlocked my 4.1 its works if the fw is 01.59.00

i had iphone4 was on voda and my sim was orange so i phoned them and they unlocked it!....took there time tho.

sorry to digg this up...

so are you saying that you had an orange sim and phoned them (orange) and told them you want to use your sim in the vodafone locked iphone4? and they did it??

I am interested, please more info..:proud:

Back