Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No - it's unfair

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Applanet is now going to be a paid service (with a free trial with limited downloads). From what I've been reading, it's about $1 a month which isn't so bad considering how much money we save.

They explain that the money allows them to improve service (which encompasses everything such as servers, streamlining, new app features etc).

Some info is here: Dear god lets clear some stuff up from people cons

Some more info here: hxxp://www.applanet.net/Forum/showthread.php?2821-Applanet-possible-shutdown-notice&p=12177#post12177

What do you think? Is this fair or unfair?

Last edited:
would they not get into trouble charging for the service?

Oh well it was good while it lasted!

While its cheap there are so many places with apps and games for free download its going to put people off.

Much better to ask for donations and appeal to peoples generosity I feel.

But yes, I think it might put them in even hotter water charging for what isn't theirs to sell.

Oh well it was good while it lasted!

While its cheap there are so many places with apps and games for free download its going to put people off.

Much better to ask for donations and appeal to peoples generosity I feel.

But yes, I think it might put them in even hotter water charging for what isn't theirs to sell.
Well they're not selling apps, they're just charging for access to the service and they say that there will be a free version but with a limited download capacity.

They said that there will be an online site to download from. I agree with coolice about trying to appeal to peoples generosity rather than force the charge.

So we now need an app to get free applanet :)

I will just keep doing it the old fashioned way from ipmart ;)

Thanks for that site zad a lil bit gutted tbh with this change as ive been using applanet since last nov and loved it.Tbh why should we be forced to pay if it was donations id happly donate some cash to them.I mean yes they have servers to keep and up keep on but what they are doing isnt legit really.The other thing why cant the proper android market have say a sub option of something like

silver:-£5 a month
bronze:-£7.50 a month
gold:-£10.00 a month

Or possibly quaterly payments then you get acess to so much for what ever sub u sign upto im sure they would make good money instead of having to pay for everything.

I have used applanet in the past, but to be honest I get tons of android apps fron the newsgroups and just install them on my tablet from a USB flash drive, or use dropbox.

Is that why I can't install anything anymore? App planet fails when downloading update and every other app says something about failing parsing or something

Back