iPhone App store issues

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Just wondering if anyone else is having the problems I am..
iPhone 4s running iOS7 (7.0.4) - all legit with no jailbreak etc..

My problem is when purchasing from the App store (paid and free).
I find an app, click to download it and when prompted I enter my password.
Everything looks like it is working but I then get a message saying 'Cannot download at this time'.
I then have to close the App store, re-open and repeat the process. Oddly this time it tells me I have already downloaded the item and will not be charged. It has the cloud icon next to the app and I am then able to download and install without issue.

I originally thought it was down to the size of the app and me doing it over 3G, however even on the smaller apps and on Wifi I still have to go through this each time.

Has anyone else seen this? I am on GiffGaff but it should not matter when using Wifi.

This has been ongoing for me for quite a while now. On my iPad (same account) it is fine.

hi mate try this see if it helps you

Backup your iPhone to iCloud (I believe backing up to iTunes will work too). Now go to "Settings --> General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings" to completely restore your iPhone to factory settings. Assuming you've backed up to iCloud, you'll be asked when setting up your iPhone if you want to restore from an iCloud backup. Choose that option and once your iPhone has restored itself from your backup, this annoying problem will finally be gone! (was for me anyway).

To restore from an iTunes backup, connect your iPhone to your computer, load iTunes. Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up.

I had a similar issue with the App Store not long since. I kicked myself when I found out it was as simple as just switching the phone off and back on again. I had been using do not disturb all the time so haddnt power cycled for a while. It may not be the same thing but thought it was worth mentioning.

I have powered it off on a few times so that won't fix it.
As for backing up/restoring.. I would rather wait until I get a new one (6 later this year probably..)

It could be that I have gone from PC to Mac? It syncs with the mac now but wont let me do certain functions without a clean install like iTunes sync over Wifi..

Back