anyone want to open a dbox room on irc ??

hollow

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi hope this is ok but i just hired a server on irc for my wife to run a trivia room
initially it is for 6 months i dont know wether there is alradey a chat room but you are welcome to open one

admin is needed please let me know if your interested

max ppl on server is 1024 hope there isnt 2 many members lol

hope the admin dont mind me saying this here

i can code bots and tcl scripts

i can also admin

co founder of loads of naughty channels few yrs back :p

sweet as then m8 ive got 6 eggdrops not doing anything so we can use those i did have an ircd till like last week it got killed coz i was being naughty with it heh :p

thanks for the replys ppl sent you both a pm
bare with me though cos i am really rusty used to be a chan owner and rooter along time ago

hope to see you guys soon to help sort things :)

hi guys that sounds like a great idea. When its up and running could you post a link so that we can access the room.

hi server is up and running someone wants to make a room there more than welcome to

here is server ip 213.151.35.169

sorry no addy atm waiting for domain to come online

was gona pop in and say hi but addy not working for me :S has it chaned or something lol oh well hopefully some 1 will tell me :D

this is a great idea! when will it be online guys?:Clap: :Cheers:

I use IRC too (quakenet) daily.

I'll come in if its all setup! :)

hi thee isnt a room setup
if some one would like to open one on the server by all means do so
you will obviously be @ in that room

it would need a few ppl in there to moderate it there is a services bot available for the room

and if anyone wants to host any dbox files etc then im sure thats ok might help reduce bandwidth usage on DW

im am server admin /owner

i would set up the room and run it but havent got the time to do so
i will however help anyone wanting to open the room

the server address is

irc.trivia-irc.net

BUT please bnote the hosting company have a broken server (and trivia-irc is running on that server) so ATM the network is down

why not try to sort it between you who is gonna open the room and run it etc

regards hollow

I would if i knew anything about irc but i dont sorry i cannot connect to it CW have outage problems will try in the morning

Last edited:
you could open a channel on almost any large irc server, you would only need a shell if users get to a 1000 or so.

true but this way the ppl from dw know that the room is safe in the knowledge of me been a dw user myself also its a a hub so if any one links i still have full control of what goes on protecting users of dw

and how many server admins will help you for hours on end (except the ones on here)

most server admins think there to l33t to help ppl

hollow said:
true but this way the ppl from dw know that the room is safe in the knowledge of me been a dw user myself also its a a hub so if any one links i still have full control of what goes on protecting users of dw

and how many server admins will help you for hours on end (except the ones on here)

most server admins think there to l33t to help ppl

It is only safe (well as safe as it can be) if its an SSL server and then the channel is encrypted (blowfish)

nice one lads, i did try and mention irc before but i guess it kinda got ignored cos it was in the middle of some other thread :s

anyways. any idea when the server will be online?

IRC is a great idea. can help ppl in private. the help usually comes faster then a board. the only bad thing is that you can end up repeating the same thing over and over rather then refer to a webby.

like ephid0r I'm also a script writer and good at eggdrops. used irc for a long time and used to being admin in a room.

i think there would be plenty of support for a irc room for the dbox. if one is setup I'll be there :)

Back