Anyone reccomend a fencing supplier ? Essex/London

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at getting some fencing for the back garden.

I need:

10 x 6x4 close board fence panels

10 x 7ft concrete posts.

1 x 7ft concrete corner post

10 x 6inch concrete gravel boards

anyone know of any good suppliers that aint going to rip the back end out of me !

Places I have found so far charge LESS for the 6x6 panels than they do for the 4x6 ffs lol

Hi all,

Looking at getting some fencing for the back garden.

I need:

10 x 6x4 close board fence panels

10 x 7ft concrete posts.

1 x 7ft concrete corner post

10 x 6inch concrete gravel boards

anyone know of any good suppliers that aint going to rip the back end out of me !

Places I have found so far charge LESS for the 6x6 panels than they do for the 4x6 ffs lol

never seen any 6inch concrete gravel boards m8, are you sure they make them ????? only ever seen the 12 inch

6ft fence with a 6inch gravel board will only give you 6inch of the concrete post in the ground m8......its not enough,.....a good wind will blow it down if your useing close fenceing panels

never seen any 6inch concrete gravel boards m8, are you sure they make them ????? only ever seen the 12 inch

6ft fence with a 6inch gravel board will only give you 6inch of the concrete post in the ground m8......its not enough,.....a good wind will blow it down if your useing close fenceing panels

Yes they do mate :) Concrete smooth gravel boards 6ft long and 6inches wid on eBay (end time 16-May-10 20:07:53 BST)

And going for 4ft x 6ft fence panel, with 6 inch gravel board... = overall hight of 4'6". So will give 18 inches in the ground :)

might go for another foot on the posts tbh, just ground here is full of hardcore and a bugger to dig :(

I also read it as 6ft high panels which is what I see most fences round here.

Do you need somebody to erect the fence or supply only. Don't know where in essex you are but you can try tj bookers who do a lot of building trade supplies.

I also read it as 6ft high panels which is what I see most fences round here.

Do you need somebody to erect the fence or supply only. Don't know where in essex you are but you can try tj bookers who do a lot of building trade supplies.

Sorry if confused ya lads lol, need 4ft high by 6ft wide.

Erect it ourself :) so supply only

Yes they do mate :) Concrete smooth gravel boards 6ft long and 6inches wid on eBay (end time 16-May-10 20:07:53 BST)

And going for 4ft x 6ft fence panel, with 6 inch gravel board... = overall hight of 4'6". So will give 18 inches in the ground :)

might go for another foot on the posts tbh, just ground here is full of hardcore and a bugger to dig :(

18 inch in the ground is more than enough for a 4'6" high fence m8...........not forgetting you only need 6ft high concrete posts........4'6" plus 18 inch = 6ft

Check Chamberlains out, they're in Collier Row and are a small family run business with cracking prices.

Give the Chambers bros a call, I find T Chambers in Stratford to be extremely competitive on pretty much all timber. If you're going to drive down there, remember that you have to use the rear entry via Leyton due to the Olympic building works.

If you need cheap illegal immigrant labour, I'm your man ;)

My friend has a timber yard.
Makes his own close board panels 6*6 £22
Sells 6 inch and 12 inch concrete gravel boards
and anything else you might need.
Depends where in Essex you are for delivery. He's at Silver End

EDIT: should have said 6*4 would be cheaper than 6*6

Last edited:

You need to sink posts 2 feet
Then you'll need either 12inch gravel boards and 6*4 panels
Or 6 inch gravel boards and 6*4'6" panels.
The fence panels are supposed to go to the top of posts or it will look amateurish. All this stuff is available from my friend

EDIT:I have the prices if you want, all VAT included
Delivery is free but any delivery is dependent on distance. Payment is COD

Last edited:
My friend has a timber yard.
Makes his own close board panels 6*6 £22
Sells 6 inch and 12 inch concrete gravel boards
and anything else you might need.
Depends where in Essex you are for delivery. He's at Silver End

EDIT: should have said 6*4 would be cheaper than 6*6

You need to sink posts 2 feet
Then you'll need either 12inch gravel boards and 6*4 panels
Or 6 inch gravel boards and 6*4'6" panels.
The fence panels are supposed to go to the top of posts or it will look amateurish. All this stuff is available from my friend

In Dagenham mate :)

Going to put a 1ft trellis on top of the panel mate :) so, 4 +.5 +1 = 5.5ft overall height.

prob going to get 8ft posts anyhow, Could you get me price on what I need ?

11 x 4x6 panels (close board.

11 posts (8 ft)

1 corner post

11 x 6inch gravel boards

11 x 1x6 trellis... like this >
trellis-square%20convex.jpg

Back