anyone eles having problems setting up timeshift recordings on 4d pli 3.0

slyboxhd

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hello
ALL

for some reasion i cant get timeshift/record pause to work on my twin?
im trying to use a 8gb usb stick for crossepg data storage and also use it to pause live tv, im not trying to record as i would't have enough space for that just want be able to pause, im able to use the usb for the crossepg no problem the box see's it and stores with it but when trying to set recording paths i cant see the usb???
thanks in advance for any help

Hi, first you need to create a timeshift directory on your usb.
1) FTP into your box locate usb in /media and create directory.
2) RCU menu /recording path /timeshift location and press ok you should now see a screen 'where to store temporary time shift recordings' in the bookmark you should only see /media.hdd/.
3)press menu on RCU you should now see two options , select 'switch to filelist' keep pressing ok on parent diectory until you see your usb listed.
4) highlight the timeshift directory you have created and blue button add bookmark. /media/usb/timeshift should now be listed in bookmarks
5) green button (ok)
6)green button (save)

Your usb location should now be set as timeshift location.

Enjoy :proud:

Hi, first you need to create a timeshift directory on your usb.
1) FTP into your box locate usb in /media and create directory.
2) RCU menu /recording path /timeshift location and press ok you should now see a screen 'where to store temporary time shift recordings' in the bookmark you should only see /media.hdd/.
3)press menu on RCU you should now see two options , select 'switch to filelist' keep pressing ok on parent diectory until you see your usb listed.
4) highlight the timeshift directory you have created and blue button add bookmark. /media/usb/timeshift should now be listed in bookmarks
5) green button (ok)
6)green button (save)

Your usb location should now be set as timeshift location.

Enjoy :proud:

thanks
jsaw

theres 2 things im not sure on:
1: wot should i call the new directory?
2: when you talk about RCU wot are you refaring to?
thanks alot great help :)

thanks
jsaw

RCU is your remote control and you can call the dirr usb

thanks
jsaw

the reason i ask is because iv got a directory named /media/"cruzer blade" thats the name i get when setting up crossegp for the 8gb usb stick, i take it you mean the box when you say RCU? but asking as i cant get my pause to work (i can record ok) setup like how you discribe but you could be doing it a different way thought a different path?? or different name for the directory???
thanks in advance for any help

thanks alot great help

I have called mine timeshift /media/sdc1/timeshift (sdc1 is my usb stick)

RCU is remote control unit

Timeshift.jpg

I have called mine timeshift /media/sdc1/timeshift (sdc1 is my usb stick)

RCU is remote control unit

View attachment 74012
hello
jsaw

thanks for the screen shout, iv mine same will try a reflash and see wot that brings as the box has been lossing sat signal when there is 2 good feds going to it and every now and then tuner will fail? wish i stuck with older image but they said the recording problems where fix'd :LOL: thats tm the dont change im still :comp1::bangshead:
ill let you know how the reflash go's? im heading out for some :beer:& leater :dance::lol:

Back