Anybody know of / do phone repairs???

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
Basically the mrs has literally just got a s500i which she loves but stupidly spilt a pint of squash on it the other day.

tried sticking it in the airing cupboard with no luck. It powers on and get signal but several of the buttons don't work.

Is this a case of taking it apart and seeing if they are sticking? I don't mind doing that.

Else does anybody know what might have happened and how to repair???

cheers

Search for jay210 off this site and send him a PM, I found him very helpfull !!!

Keep the battery off, take the phone apart and clean thoroughly with a toothbrush and PCB cleaning solutions...

Blow dry it afterwards, then allow it to fully air dry before putting it back together...

I think this should be a guide of taking the phone apart
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

please, unless you know what you are doing, don't do the above!

best bet, if you can, is to remove the battery and put the thing in a warm, not hot place. leave it for a day or so and then try it again. many times this is all you need to do. i get much of work i do, is sorting out cock-ups by people who read threads on forums. scrubbing the board with a tooth brush, not really reconditioned. if the phone does not work after a few days in the warm. it will need a bath, ultrasonic, over 90% of dead phones work fine after one.

all this said, if you remove the battery immediately the soaking happens, two days after being put in the warm, most phones work. beer can be a sticky problem. but the same is true of that too.

We've repaired handsets for over 10 years, found that most ultrasonic tanks damage more IC's than they actually clean, most shops use cheap jewellery cleaners as ultrasonic tanks... lol

Anyway I do agree with you, its not a good idea to take the phone apart unless you know what your doing, however 99% of the phones we get for repairs from water damage, dont just dry out, there is corrosion on the boards that needs to be cleaned...

If the top keypad is not working then that will normally need to be replaced or the ribbon that connects this to the phones PCB and then to the LCD

Received the phone and its repaired mate, could you check your PM and send me your return address please???

Received the phone and its repaired mate, could you check your PM and send me your return address please???

superstar mate. My return address is

M Smale
27 Firleigh Road
Kingsteignton
Newton Abbot
Devon
TQ123NH

Do you want me to forward the postage??? let me know I can paypal it if you got one.

Many thanks again, wifey will be stoked

Dont worry about the postage mate, we have quite a few packages to go out today, so it will just go out with those...

Back