iPhone Anybody had any luck getting o2 to enable MMS???

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm not sure anybody will be able to answer me,. judging by the number of posts in the Unlock 3G iphone thread not many people actually have an iphone contract. I'lll ask anyway.

So I've been looking around for a while now about a work around for MMS. I really don't use it that much so I'm not even sure why I'm bothering.

Anyway looking around, some forums are saying that o2 have changed the iphone contracts and there is now a facility to enable MMS at their end if they so wish.

Lots of reports claiming they have had success stating they have a work phone or a "night out" phone and want MMS enabled to use in that.

What I don't know is how many snotty little kids are just full of BS or if this is actually any good. I tried before xmas and was told pretty assertively that MMS was simply not a possibility for iphone contracts.

I just find it hard to see why o2 would have built and implemented a whole new contract management piece of software just to deal with iphone contracts when the only difference I can really see is lack of MMS.

In any event I don't really see the problem with enabling it anyway, they're making money if I make use of it.

I figure there system must be similar to VM, a friend of mine works in their software development team and says that every customer has the same screen it's just the columns i.e. BB, Phone, TV and functions i.e. M, L , XL which need a corresponding tick in the box so to speak.

SO just wondering if this has worked for anybody. Apparently there is a higher success rate with newer contracts if that helps anybody.

I've tried it, said I have a N95 and put the settings in swirllymms but simply get Service Denied (pe) User barred message

Last edited:
Just to confirm. It's taken a few days but I have finally got MMS working on O2 Iphone contract. Not sure of the cost implications but for me it's more receiving than sending.

Happy days.

what did you do then as im on a 3g iphone o2 contract and i have swirly mms but i still just get a txt telling me ive been sent an mms lol

what did you do then as im on a 3g iphone o2 contract and i have swirly mms but i still just get a txt telling me ive been sent an mms lol

Just ring customer services and tell them you have a N95 or something you use at weekends, I had to ring twice about 30 mins after the second time it was all working.

the second guy clearly new what he was doing mind, the first was alittle confused.

Just ring customer services and tell them you have a N95 or something you use at weekends, I had to ring twice about 30 mins after the second time it was all working.

the second guy clearly new what he was doing mind, the first was alittle confused.

Did this yesterday, 10 mins after ringing them it's all working. However strangely i've received a message from O2 this morning saying there unable to turn MMS on for me yet it's still working.

Back