Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Soldering experts?

Surely if you snip the legs you can

Flux, fresh solder and pull the legs out easily with tweezers/long nose pliers? No need for sucker.

Yup, you can do it this way. I just tend to use the desolder pump to get rid of some of the solder first. You could heat the solder up and pull the legs out though as suggested

Surely if you snip the legs you can

Flux, fresh solder and pull the legs out easily with tweezers/long nose pliers? No need for sucker.

If you snip the legs off then you'd not even need any flux as it should just be a case of melt the solder and pull out the leg.

A long thread about melting a bit of solder!

How about a plasma torch, then clean up with an angle grinder.:LOL:

Last edited:
"Will nobody rid him of this turbulent chip?"

I'd go but I have no idea where 'hemel' is?

[Apologies to Shakespeare and anal historians]

FFS, firstly, you seem to keep talking of removing the chip, your not doing this, your removing the daughter board the chip is attached to, childs play with experience, I could replace the chip if it were cheaper for you ? I have already offered to replace this Daughter board, with the smd chip attached for postage and a couple of beers, point is stop advising crap like cut the pins, or worst still wiggle the pin so the solder doesn't take and you can drop the new pins straight in the holes, utter crap, If you want to help and not cause more problems think about what your saying !

Back