Any regrets?

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you got any regrets in life?

I regret not taking my motorcycle riding license and not having a Yahmaha R1

I gave up an apprenticeship my dad got me in car mechanics when leaving school so i could work in a dead end job because my mates worked at the same place.

Look what a mechanic charges per hour now for labour alone....biggest mistake of my life.

I gave up an apprenticeship my dad got me in car mechanics when leaving school so i could work in a dead end job because my mates worked at the same place.

Look what a mechanic charges per hour now for labour alone....biggest mistake of my life.
You'd have been rolling in it by now matey

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Bloody hell.

I did a similar thing did 2 years of my apprenticeship at a big main dealer but wages were crap young lad i wanted cars motorbikes i couldn't afford. Mate got me a job in a brick yard that payed around 40% more, i regret doing that. Should of finished the apprenticeship.

Saying that it all turned out well left the dead end job and retrained as an industrial chemist which is very well paid and came about by pure fluke. Still wish id finished the apprenticeship as anything mechanical just gels with me.

I took the RAF entrance exam when I was 16 wanting to be an air traffic controller. My English part of the exam was shite but I passed the maths with flying colours. I did not get offered the air traffic controllers job but got offered an engineers position and the chance progress up to air traffic control. Being headstrong i walked out there and then and never returned. I forgot all about it until the other year when talking with my dad about how they never even offered my a job as a bird scarer but it was my dad that told me what they offered me.

many years ago when the tinternet was at university (around 1992) I thought wouldnt it be great if you could have a internet connection at home and have access to the tinternet 24/7 (in them days only had access at Univ), obviously if only I pursued that idea instead of chasing girls at university.

Dial up ISP came about around 1994/95.

Back