any plumbers in??

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there any plumbers in the house?

I totally drained my water system today as i have been busy replacing the bathroom suite.

There is a 2 cold water tanks in the loft, a hot water tank/boiler thing in the airing cupboard at the top of the stairs, and a boiler in the kitchen with the control panel next to it.

The water pressure seems crap since i've turned it all back on

ta

water pressure in both hot and cold or just one ?

turn the main valve off and on again a few times to try and free it up incase its a dodgy valve

Don't think thats the problem bud as the water pressure dies and stops as soon as soon as I turn it off

usually low water pressure means a leak some where try to trace as much piping as you can you rule that out

Is it a gravity fed system??

If so it could be the type of taps you've now installed in the new bathroom.

I found that when I ripped my bathroom out and installed mixer style taps our water pressure was poop and the new shower was like a dribble lol

Anyways long story short I fitted a 3bar pump for the bathroom.

The shower is now absolutely fantastic only problem I have now is the water coming out of the taps is a little too fast lol.

It does have a slight weep from one pipe which I'm on my way back from work now to fix but ive shut that off from the inline isolator valve so shouldn't really affect the rest of the house.

Yeah it's a gravity fed system but ur also has a pump in the airing cupboard so is classed as a high pressure system, pressure used to be fantastic would fill up the old cast iron bath in about 2 minutes, so I'm thinking it's got to be airlocked somewhere?

i would have said an airlock myself,only way i have been able to 100 percent get rid off airlocks is by using the washing machine connections,pressure from cold into hot fixes hot water airlock,and using an outside tap to the cold fixes that.

it's trial and error and you will have to watch you don't over flow the tank by pushing to much water round the system,good luck as it can be a pain.

i'm a plumber, you might a have airlock,back fill from the mains if you can to try and push any air out and see how you get on after

i'm a plumber, you might a have airlock,back fill from the mains if you can to try and push any air out and see how you get on after

What do you mean by back fill from the mains? I've got it drained again to fix my weeping pipe. When I turn the water back on is best to turn taps on a certain way ie downstairs one at a time when upstairs us all off etc?

He means once the water is back on then connect a mains water supply to a tank fed tap, usually done by fitting a hose between the cold tap and hot tap in the kitchen

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

yeah thats what the washing machine method achieves,your forcing the water back to the tank so the bubble escapes the pipe,it's a fight with a bubble more or less.

i can't stress enough to watch water levels in the tank doing this,you dont want a wet ceiling

yeah thats what the washing machine method achieves,your forcing the water back to the tank so the bubble escapes the pipe,it's a fight with a bubble more or less.

That's a good method m8 must remember that one ;)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

this house is really bad for airlocks,been f'ing and blinding over the years but this is the only way i have got it sorted quickly...trial and error.

my father in law's is the same,but he has a combo shower tap and the thread for the shower head just so happens to be the same as a garden tap,we sorted his by screwing the quick release hose connections on and hooking the hose to the garden tap,opened his shower tap's and blasted it..jobs been good since,he had the air lock for 6 months prior to this method.

got this sorted by using the hose in the tank in the loft and pushing it down the clod water pipes, the missus's mate is a plumber who done it for me and it still doesn't seem to be as powerful as it used to be but he reckons the tap is crap as its quite small for a bath tap, so i'm gunna buy a new one at the weekend to see if it helps, if not i'll be fitting a pump

Back