Any Mechanics in the house?

Dave pull the oil cap off and look at it and the inside. Is it white and creamy mayo looking? pull the dipstick out and do the same. If it's white creamy these are signs of head gasket m8.

Oil is perfect mate, first thing I checked this morning, both cap and stick.

Just checked with engine running on full heat and blower going for 10/15 mins, it's not hot just very slightly look warm, and the temp gauge is not
moving up? :(

Oil is perfect mate, first thing I checked this morning, both cap and stick.

Just checked with engine running on full heat and blower going for 10/15 mins, it's not hot just very slightly look warm, and the temp gauge is not
moving up? :(
Dave do a sniff test on it.You can get the kit on the bay for about a tenner. if you are not sure get your local mobile mechanic out to do it. don't go to far in it until the head has been ruled out.Have you run it with the cap off your expansion tank for a bit to eliminate air locks??

Dave do a sniff test on it.You can get the kit on the bay for about a tenner. if you are not sure get your local mobile mechanic out to do it. don't go to far in it until the head has been ruled out.Have you run it with the cap off your expansion tank for a bit to eliminate air locks??

That's what I'll do mate, I'm thinking gasket but the test should confirm.

the reason i asked for blower on was to see if there was a noise from fan motor,so no noise there,if water was down yes you can get an airlock or using a cheap coolant it could make noises.Temp guage reading normal if fitted is a good sign as its above 95-100 then something not right,£10 tester is cheap as mine cost about E80.

Update...ok guys took it to mechanic who done a compression test, come back fine no probs there, he thinks it's air in the matrix (good call Ian :))
told me just to take water cap off, heater on full and run it for an half hour, not done it yet but I think I'll try and do a flush on the matrix and change coolant, watched a few youtube videos and it looks straight forward :eek: probably leave till weekend, wife doesn't use it during week so no hurry
to get it done, miggs keep your phone on fella your services may be required. :p

all help gratefully appreciated guys. ;)

Update...ok guys took it to mechanic who done a compression test, come back fine no probs there, he thinks it's air in the matrix (good call Ian :))
told me just to take water cap off, heater on full and run it for an half hour, not done it yet but I think I'll try and do a flush on the matrix and change coolant, watched a few youtube videos and it looks straight forward :eek: probably leave till weekend, wife doesn't use it during week so no hurry
to get it done, miggs keep your phone on fella your services may be required. :p

all help gratefully appreciated guys. ;)
Glad it's not turned into a big job for you Dave. Happy days m8.👍😉

i would not be doing a compression test to check for headgasket,sniff test tells more,still cant see how air is in matrix if level of coolant never went low but if gasses are present could get stuck..
Headgasket on other car is suspect and on 25k lol.
Beware of overflow on bottle when no cap is on.

it is a classic sign on opel cars for headgasket , because of the way the water return is there isnt a chance of it being air , as cactkid only real way is a sniff test ,

Back