any idea what this blue screen is!

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a friends pc here to have a look at and it tries to boot, gets to his login page, works fine then after maybe 30 seconds it blue screens, im suspecting goosed ram but im no expert when it comes to digging a little deeper, anyone know exactly what the problem is from the screen, appreciate any replies.

2013-08-23 13.27.03.jpg

just tried to boot from onboard recovery and this blue screen popped up if it helps anyone
asagu6e7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'll have a look at safe mode once I'm back home tonight and let you know what happens, where would I find the crash logs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My advice, open up the PC. If it has two memory simms, take one out and try again. If does the same thing and blue screens, put the memory module back in and take the other one out and do the same again.

Otherwise use memtest86 to confirm if the memory is faulty or not

its whats called the dreaded blue screen of death lol , there is a hardware issue , something failed , memory, graphix or a bad install had it a few times over the years, ive usually reinstalled windows

I'd try setting the bios back to optimal defaults and reconfiguring it, see if that helps. If not then deffo time to test the ram. Being a hp and not a custom made PC I'd guess it isn't overclocked?

I found this article on microsoft site and although not exactly the same seems to point to a driver problem. As already said I'd try booting in safe mode, and if it loads 1 remove any recently insalled device drivers 2. do an error check on you'r hdd. 3. check msconfig to make sure nothing silly has been added to starup. forgot to try restore to an ealier setting if possible.

There's somethings You could try.

Last edited:
My advice, open up the PC. If it has two memory simms, take one out and try again. If does the same thing and blue screens, put the memory module back in and take the other one out and do the same again.

Otherwise use memtest86 to confirm if the memory is faulty or not
its been up and running what seems to be fine for a few hours now, 1st thing i done was swap out the ram 1 at a time, and low and behold the 2nd 1 i tried it botted up fine and stayed on, so i grabbed some ram out my sons laptop as that was all that was compatible, shoved it in and its been sound. installed cccleaner, malwarebytes, security essentials (the nugget didnt even have any anti virus) and now its running smashing, just need to order him 3gb of ram and it will be sorted hopefully. thnak you to everyone who commented i really do appreciate all the replies, nice 1 as usual. ;)

Back