Any Gemini 2.8 Tuts?

billybob22

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Is there a tutorial on how to configure the Gemini 2.8 image?

I have tried the online update and got the evocam + evocam keys, I have put the autoupdate.key into /var/keys also the ngagra roms into /var/scce also cables.xml into /var/tuxbox/config

I have also put the Bruteforce into the proper place. Done the bruteforce scan whcih takes about an hour. All I can still get is the fta channels!

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help!:Chainsaw:

Would you be interested in a backup of my image? for N*L?

Hoppr99, will a copy of your image work for N. Ireland? If so would love a copy.

BadKarma, I have seen that thread but don't know where to get the keylist.txt.

Also another question, is the cables.xml specfic to area?

Cheers

I do not know if it will work 'out of the box' in NI. I can't pm you, have some files for you.

Superb, thanks very much.

Wil give that a rattle tonight.

tianna have seen this before, but the initial image that apintofmilk must have used had all the additional files already installed. I am using the Gemini 2.8 image which has none of them installed by standard.

I actually followed this to flash the dreambox to the gemini 2.8 image.

Was really looking for a tut that stepped you through the procedure from start to finish with a fresh, clean image of Gemini 2.8.

It does say that it is for the 500s but a lot of the info is relevant to the 500c and file placement. i managed to fill in a few gaps using this guide.

Success!!!

Guys I finally got it to work about 10mins ago.

I think with all the copying of files I didn't copy the nagra rom files into BOTH /var/keys and /var/scce. Once I copied them into both areas again just to make sure.....Hey Presto It Works!!

Thanks guys for all your help. I will surely keep posting here and try to help out anyone that has similar probs.

Hoppr99 said:
Would you be interested in a backup of my image? for N*L?

Hi mate,

Would it be possible to send us a copy of this image aswell??

Thanks

billybob22 said:
Success!!!

Guys I finally got it to work about 10mins ago.

I think with all the copying of files I didn't copy the nagra rom files into BOTH /var/keys and /var/scce. Once I copied them into both areas again just to make sure.....Hey Presto It Works!!

Thanks guys for all your help. I will surely keep posting here and try to help out anyone that has similar probs.

u only need the roms in scce

Wasn't too sure if it was in both or just scce so I copied them into both anyway.

Omly reason I copied them into /var/keys was the fact that there is a folder in there called nagra roms with nothing in it so I put them in there also.

But hey it now works, so i'm happy.

I've just tried the Gemini 280 image but could only get all the channels working by installing mgcamd and copying the keylist.xml file from my neutrino install. I'm concerned that it will only work until the next key change. Is this likely?

When I installed Evocamd it didn't work at all. I put the Nagra roms in the right place, same for autoupdate.key. I scanned all the channels, the message on all the encrypted channels was "can't decode". Any ideas what was wrong?

I prefer the Gemini 280 to the Neutrino Nplus to be honest. Would like to try UK04 if anyone could pm it to me? I'm slowly working towards my 40 posts though...

InquisitiveA I had the exact same problem when I was installing Gemini 2.8 with Evocam.

Eventually got it working by downloading the evcam then the evocam config files, then the evocam keys.

I put the autoupdate.key + keylist.txt into /var/keys and this sorted the problem right out.

Of course the nagra rom files are in /var/scce aswell.

Back