any fish keepers here?

Well ive been out today and bought a juwel rekord 60 yeah its only a 10 gallon tank but i didnt want a big un i havnt got the room got it setup now cycling looks great cant wait till i can add some hardy fish :)

off to wath these nuttahs with the black hhole machine on bbc 4 now i wanna see whats gonna kill us!

$h1t...I've missed 30 minutes of it :(
--
Good luck with your tank Sargie.

Be patient and let it cycle completely before throwing fish at it.
I know you've kept fish before, so you'll be well aware to keep either a community or species tank.

It may be an idea to get your tap water checked at your local pet shop before opening your wallet to buy fish.

My tap water is basically poisenous to fish, but apparently within acceptable parameters for human consumption.
I spent a fortune before discovering this.

I now get my water from my mother, or mother in laws house, and perform partial changes using 4 x drinking fountain barrels :)

aye im going community i think bud once the tank is within acceptable test level's im gonna get some starter fish maybe some zebra danios or some tetra's.

iv'e added some nutrafin cycle to the tank to boost the biological part and one of the sponges on the filter is pre impregnated with bacteria so hopefully it should cycle pretty fast.

I'm going to add some plants in a cpl of days to to help with the co2 and nitrites.

DCP00612.jpg

DCP00611.jpg

and me fav....

DCP00597.jpg

lolol..... no they shed there skin every few weeks....lol

i know the pictures are rubbish like but they were amazing to watch, evil little blighter though, used to nip the feelers of the shrimp!

My 24g nano reef i have added a few things since taking this photo

lg15.jpg

New addition pink xenia
xenia.jpg

Sea weed /caulerpa
seaweed.jpg

Pink/blue mushrooms
pink-bluue-mushrooms.jpg

More pics

Leather tree coral
lg2-1.jpg

Assorted zoas
lg18.jpg

Tube worms
lg8-1.jpg

Luminous star polyps
19.jpg

whats that feather stuff called looks amazing

More pics

Leather tree coral
lg2.jpg

Tube worms
lg8.jpg

Assorted zoas
lg5.jpg

Leather mushroom coral
lg3.jpg

Oh and btw i have only 2 fish electic blue damsels as it is a reef tank based on keeping mainly corals and invertabates

man i'm kicking my self now for not buying that womans reef, it was like your's but not as much stuff in it and a little bit smaller, wish i had of bought it now, she only wanted a £100 for it...

thats a really nice tank, i bet it looks lush on a night time.

Back