Any Corgi Registered heating folk on here?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Quick Question doing a part exchange on the flat been asked for a gas safety inspection for the boiler/rads/cooker/fire etc.. we dont have gas fire and the rest will be fine as gets annual inspection by bgas question is does a high earth reading go on the gas inspection cert or just to cert that boiler etc.. are all new and in good working order? dont really want to give the builder any wiggle room to reduce price or moan as i say been assured in past the earth reading is nowt to worry about as got it fully looked into?

It needs a proper ground earth putting in away from the premises which should be done by a qualified electrician. The new owners/tenants will find that when they plug appliances in they could get electric shocks from them otherwise :(. Get the earth sorted or you could be liable if any accidents occur.

miggy i have had electricians in and they say its fine, ive had all the sockets tested etc.. its something to do with the gas meter i think? obviously if it was unsafe in anyway i would have got it sorted.. it comes up yearly on my bgas inspection they always say nowt to worry about just need to raise it to your attention..

It needs a proper ground earth putting in away from the premises which should be done by a qualified electrician. The new owners/tenants will find that when they plug appliances in they could get electric shocks from them otherwise :(. Get the earth sorted or you could be liable if any accidents occur.

There's no point adding rods if the supply is underground...

No idea mate as I say just something bgas have mentioned in passing

Sounds like typical Bgas bollocks to me. Have you a recent electrical test certificate? It would have an earth-loop test on it...

Just to clarify...

...earthing is much misunderstood. An earth-loop test is done to ensure that sufficient current would flow to operate the protective device (fuse, mcb, RCD etc). Since various types exist and various different types of supply exist it's impossible to say what a 'high earth' reading would be in general terms.

Typically, gas contractors do a basic earth-loop test but don't take into account the supply characteristics and the results would not appear on the certificate.

Back