Any acoustic guitar players

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been learning on an electric and just bought myself a dreadnought electro/acoustic guitar.

After doing all my research on what to buy, solid top etc, it seems this is not the ideal size for a smaller person or someone with a rounder belly.

Can somebody confirm what is the depth of their guitar across the very back part of the guitar. Mine is 5 inches. This feels very awkward and am playing it further up the neck as arm is having trouble reaching over the back part. Before i try and sell it just wanted to make sure there are others out there that are much smaller. If were only talking 1/4 inch then it might just be the fact of jumping from electric to acoustic. Although my old classical never felt this wide.

You should of gone for the 3/4 size mate that would suit you better. My Gibson is a 3/4 and my Yamaha is the same. Try one in the music shops and remember they are not kids guitars they are more of a custom size to suit your requirements.

The neck at its widest point mate is 2 1/4 and the depth of the guitar is 4 inches that makes a hell of a difference compared to yours mate.

If you mean the depth of the neck, mine is 4 inches deep. So quite a bit of difference.

Be interested to hear on some full size guitar depths also.

Size of the box makes a difference too. My Aria is full-size yet has a depth of just 4".

ive got myself a martin D28 its the dogs bollox not to good at playing but

Back