Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Antivirus Live"

sempi

DW Regular
got this virus/trojan this morning and managed to get rid of it by running a prog i found on the net and removing some reg entries but about5 hours later it is back again, i have just removed it again but after the first time today ran full scan with Avast (updated database first) but it did not find anything and also ran malwarebytes but it found nothing also? I have only been on my "normal" sites since I removed it the first time, nothing dodgy at all but it still returned...anyone any ideas how to get rid of it permenantly or a good antivirus that will detect it?
don't know how long before it returns again.

what is the virus called?

"Antivirus Live is a rogue antispyware program. It is a clone of widely spread rogue called Antivirus System Pro. The software usually spreads with the help of trojans. Once downloaded and installed Antivirus Live will register itself in the Windows registry to run automatically when Windows loads.

When running, it will start a scan your computer and reports numerous infections to make you think that your computer is infected with trojans, spyware and other malware. Then Antivirus Live will ask you to pay for a full version of the program to remove these infections. Of course, all of these infections are fake and don’t actually exist on your computer. So you can safely ignore them!

Antivirus Live blocks the ability to run any programs. The following warning will be shown when you try to run the Notepad:

Application cannot be executed. The file notepad.exe is infected.
Do you want to activate your antivirus software now.

What is more, while Antivirus Live is running , you will be shown fake Windows Security Center, nag screens, warnings and fake security alerts from your Windows taskbar. The rogue will also change the proxy setting of Internet Explorer to redirect you to the Antivirus Live site."

are you running this in safemode? it seems theres a reinstaller somewhere which isnt being taken off when you scan

are you running this in safemode? it seems theres a reinstaller somewhere which isnt being taken off when you scan

yes had to delete in safe mode as i could not get into reg or run prog i got to uninstall it unless i went into safe mode, doing another full scan just now with malwarebytes

hxxp://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=550188&hit=1

i use this sempi ,never lets me down

hxxp://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=550188&hit=1

i use this sempi ,never lets me down

cheers m8, having a look now

edit : got it running a scan now.
just finished a full scan with malwarebytes and it has found nothing just now, dont know if it is fully removed or is still lurking but no sign of it just now although i got about 5 hours reprieve before.....

Last edited:
google xaliasx mate.

Grab bit defender off there. It is rated the best AV around, and will remove the majority of stuff.

Did you turn off system restore on the pc while doing the scan the Antivirus Live could be lurking in there if nothing found turn back on the system restore

Did you turn off system restore on the pc while doing the scan the Antivirus Live could be lurking in there if nothing found turn back on the system restore

Just what i was thinking, unless you turn off system restore, then scan these files wil remain untouched.
The number of people that miss that trick when trying to remove malware!
Just Scan, then renable system restore afterwards.
I use AVG the version you pay for currently about £68 for a 2 year liscense.
It does not miss anything, unlike the free version which only gives a basic level of protection.
If you pay it comes with a Firewall, email scanner and all the bells & whistles.
Just rember when downloading , to right click on the file and do a shell extension scan before you open anything!
Some of the sites i visit & download from i need it and not been caught out in about 2 years.
Most is common sense.
If you use File sharing, then simply look at the file size and extension type as that alone can give most malware away.
if you can see several files with different names and sources and they all exactly the same size, that usually the give away sign! or an executable file that should be one.
With me its the belt & braces approach with Firewalls & Anti virus and i still think you get what you pay for!
Dont expect free anti virus to give ultimate protection if you frequent certain types of sites & use peer to peer software.
Sermon over!

yes m8 turned it off, been ok since last night so hopefully it has been removed, superantispyware found quite a few things last night and I removed them although none of them was called antivirus live, they could have been associated with it.

Just what i was thinking, unless you turn off system restore, then scan these files wil remain untouched.
The number of people that miss that trick when trying to remove malware!
Just Scan, then renable system restore afterwards.
I use AVG the version you pay for currently about £68 for a 2 year liscense.
It does not miss anything, unlike the free version which only gives a basic level of protection.
If you pay it comes with a Firewall, email scanner and all the bells & whistles.
Just rember when downloading , to right click on the file and do a shell extension scan before you open anything!
Some of the sites i visit & download from i need it and not been caught out in about 2 years.
Most is common sense.
If you use File sharing, then simply look at the file size and extension type as that alone can give most malware away.
if you can see several files with different names and sources and they all exactly the same size, that usually the give away sign! or an executable file that should be one.
With me its the belt & braces approach with Firewalls & Anti virus and i still think you get what you pay for!
Dont expect free anti virus to give ultimate protection if you frequent certain types of sites & use peer to peer software.
Sermon over!

when it first popped up yesterday morning the wife had put the pc on and left it for about 10 mins before coming back to it, she was just going to check email but the antivirus live had already appeared on desktop and she had not gone on to email or net, so don't know how it got on pc as i had been on till about midnight the night before but had not downloaded anything and only visited about half a dozen of the sites i go to every day. I do not use any peer to peer software and the sites i was on were: here, hotukdeals,fleabay and a couple of karate forums.....

Last edited:
Out of intrest do you use Links in favourites assuming your using IE ?
or do you type in the site adress manually?
I'm just trying to work out how you got this nightmare of Virus?
Does anyone else in your family have acess to your PC.
Has anyone plugged a Flash drive or run a CD or DVD on the PC that you have been given by someone else?
You might have been inadvertantly allowed to run script from a website that looks similar to one that you normally use.
Pop ups are normally the culptit!
I nearly got caught out recently with a fake Email from my bank, that Googlemail picked up a Spam.
Looked exactly the same until you opened the full header and all was revealed!
Please dont think i was being patronising i'm just fascinated as to how you got this when you dont fit the profile of the usual suspect.
I have had more than my fair share of nasties over the years, but just got more careful and learned my lessons, lol.

I did find this article which made good reading on your now hopefully removed Virus:

Antivirus Live Scam

Out of intrest do you use Links in favourites assuming your using IE ?
or do you type in the site adress manually?
I'm just trying to work out how you got this nightmare of Virus?
Does anyone else in your family have acess to your PC.
Has anyone plugged a Flash drive or run a CD or DVD on the PC that you have been given by someone else?
You might have been inadvertantly allowed to run script from a website that looks similar to one that you normally use.
Pop ups are normally the culptit!
I nearly got caught out recently with a fake Email from my bank, that Googlemail picked up a Spam.
Looked exactly the same until you opened the full header and all was revealed!
Please dont think i was being patronising i'm just fascinated as to how you got this when you dont fit the profile of the usual suspect.
I have had more than my fair share of nasties over the years, but just got more careful and learned my lessons, lol.

I did find this article which made good reading on your now hopefully removed Virus:

Antivirus Live Scam

didn't think you were being patronising m8 I am glad of all and any help on here and was just stating what i had and had not done so that people had more info, it would not be the first time i have forgotten to do the obvious...lol..
I generally just use the drop down menu in the address bar of IE that has your last so many websites visited, only use favorites if it is a site i have not visited for a while.
both kids have their own pc's and do not use mine and to my knowledge no usb drives or discs from anyone else have been put in to the pc as far back as i can remember.
this is why i was also wondering how the virus got on my pc....
still seems ok just now so that is the best part of 24 hours so hoping all ok now.

thanks for the replies.

ive had this a couple of times over xmas and had to remove it in safe mode then turned on popup blocker security i think i got it from bt junkie home page not had it since i turned up popup blocker fingers crossed.

got this virus/trojan this morning and managed to get rid of it by running a prog i found on the net and removing some reg entries but about5 hours later it is back again, i have just removed it again but after the first time today ran full scan with Avast (updated database first) but it did not find anything and also ran malwarebytes but it found nothing also? I have only been on my "normal" sites since I removed it the first time, nothing dodgy at all but it still returned...anyone any ideas how to get rid of it permenantly or a good antivirus that will detect it?
don't know how long before it returns again.

the same happened to me, mate a couple of weeks ago the only way i got rid of it completly was to do a full system recovery. antivirus live blocked my internet connection and then firewalled me,wouldnt let me open up anything tried safe mode to do a system restore but still didnt remove it.it was really annoying

I had this yesterday on a little netbook.

Stupid thing wouldnt do anyting.

In the end did a full format (thanks to Napster).

To be honest, if i see a PC get infected by something i always recommend a full format as it is the safest option. no antivirus or anti spyware program is 100%. Touch wood i've not been affected too much, only some stupid msn virus last year to which i formatted both pc and laptop even tho only one was infected.

This virus got to my computer when I downloaded something off an untrusted source on my dad's computer. This virus is scary and for a whole day I thought I've got an antivirus software for free but then It started interferring in everything with very SCARY sounds. Search on Internet and my cup of coffee almost splitted on my pants when I discovered that It is a fake software. Gald I downloaded a solution to Remove Antivirus Live

Back