Anti Virus/Spyware (internet security)

janneh

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been running Norton Internet Security for the past year and it's been pretty good in terms of dealing with viruses (as far as I know) the only thing is I think it's slowing the computer down. Is this the case with just Norton or most Anti Virus programmes. I'm about to format my pc and my subscription with Norton runs out in about a week? Do you think it would be best to renew or go for a different anti-virus and if different could you reccomend one please?!

norton is a memory killer m8 , zonealarm pro is good or nod32

kaspersky is the one i would go for mate there was a free 6 month trial knocking around on here somewhere

Norton uses up a lot of processor power and memory,i use to use it but stopped a long time ago.
Do not go back to it and its not worth the money.

AVG is a good antivirus and its free and SUPERAntiSpyware is a great FREE antispyware.

Not all good things cost money

yeah but i was using avg before it's good until you actually get a virus, then (at least the free version) is not very good imo

McAfee is pretty stable and the new version total protection protects everything even wireless, can be d/loaded on torrents search on isohunt also a d/load for Vista...
Cheers...flyted...!!

Do a search for f-sav , its not well known but its very good and will get shut
of any virus you mat have picked up. Also its not a memory eater. I use
norton at the moment , cos its free with my browser , but will be using f.sav
shortly.

fezzy

Nod32 (2.7) is very ligth and powerfull. For a free version I recomend Avast.
Kaspersky ie very good (maybe the best) but in terms of weight/performance I recommend NOD32 (2.7)

thanks everyone, I don't mind paying as long as it's effective at removing viruses and spyware and isn't a memory killer

have a google m8 search for something like nod32 rapidshare rar theres lots of cr*ck ones out there

I have used the following progs for the past year without issue:

AVG for the Anti-Virus

ZoneAlarm for the firewall

and

Spybot Search and Destroy / Ad-Aware for the spyware

Never had any issues

norton internet security does kill cpu speed but if you just want antivirus its ok i use norton corporate edition antivirus, ashampoo firewall, noadware spyware, all work fine on laptop and home pc,hope this helps

ps norton corporate DOES NOT need relicencing every year

Back