Anti-Afghan War Awol soldier Joe Glenton jailed

Having read the whole thread and your twos little tit for tat cat fight and some other absurd comments, i will add my two penneth. Anyone at any time can change their mind thats a fact, so what the guy joins up and swears an oath of allegiance gets a bit older and a bit wiser and realises whoops ive dropped a bollock are you telling me he should honour his contract going against his principles because when he was 16 he didn't have a jar of glue.

jaffa im disgusted with your comments last post shakes head, young man how very dare you.

Any hows do a stretch in the army then i think you might be half qualified to base a judgement on it lol.

Like i said tmo.

jaffa im disgusted with your comments last post shakes head, young man how very dare you.

? I hope your making light of that and not passing judgement on a statement thats completely made in jest?

If your not then its sad that you would take offence to a statement thats perfectly good in reply to my comment.

I found it extremely funny and cheered me up no end :)

I didn't even get it. Was it the thing with the trouser leg and shouting something about File Transfer Protocols?

Lmfao, i have to admit a nearly spat ma coffee out when a saw his post.

Hey Chris forget about being red in anger i hear your more orange these days.lol

Having read the whole thread and your twos little tit for tat cat fight and some other absurd comments, i will add my two penneth. Anyone at any time can change their mind thats a fact, so what the guy joins up and swears an oath of allegiance gets a bit older and a bit wiser and realises whoops ive dropped a bollock are you telling me he should honour his contract going against his principles because when he was 16 he didn't have a jar of glue.

Any hows do a stretch in the army then i think you might be half qualified to base a judgement on it lol.

Like i said tmo.
yes he should honour his contract thejackel he joined the army knowing what was ahead of him and worked up the ranks so he is not a newbie and didn't have a jar of glue (i think you have took that too far mate lol) once you swear your oath that's you there is no turning back no matter what anyone says or does the guy was in the wrong plain and simple he didn't go into the army with his eyes shut the rules are simple even us can understand them and for turning his back on the army and going AWOL it didn't just jeopardize his future in the army it put loads of people's lives at risk as i said in my other post everyone has a position to fill in the army and when one doesn't comply with that Everyone is at risk ,,the wee fooker went on holiday for ages then when he was tracked down he thought he would go to a anti war protest to make him look good at court ..he should get a kick up the ass and fu*ked out the army he is not reliable

ps
why pick on jaffa cause he had a joke lighten up mate we can have a joke on here without being serious try it lol

Never thought id say this but NO SURRENDER ;)

No, merley that we have 2 different views and they fail to meet each other, bet we can see the points we are both making.

I am basing it on what the army is and your bringing in various situations in other jobs to validate points that could allow you to act in the manner that he did.

But all this logic does not apply to the army way of life. None the less the point your arguing isnt valid to the whole topic as he cant use this as his reasoning. Purely because the war had started before he joined.

Was he in a extreme situation that caused him to walk out? NO so I fail to see how you have sunk my argument.:)
Never thought id say this but NO SURRENDER
welcome aboard mate you will feel better now once you admit it for the first time it gets easier after that:roflmao:

Like i said tmo.

Hey hold on Jacks, you are having a laugh ......right.

If not, let me explain something.

I quoted Chris (not anyone else) and I made a joke which I 100% knew he would get, otherwise I would not have posted it.

I tried to lighten up a thread which to be quite honest has got a bit boring, sorry Chris and senior ding dong but you are going in circles...lol

Before I got to know Chris I would never have made the joke but he is cool guy. I have to say I am shocked at your comment Jacks but I respect you have your own opinion.

I will not however apologise if I offended anyone else because I never quoted anyone else and it wasn't directed at anyone else.

@Chris, cheers m8 for getting the joke and hoppy and bigyin aswell.

@senior, its hard to understand why people get uptight about flie transfer protocol...but some do...lol

Hey hold on Jacks, you are having a laugh ......right.

If not, let me explain something.

I quoted Chris (not anyone else) and I made a joke which I 100% knew he would get, otherwise I would not have posted it.

I tried to lighten up a thread which to be quite honest has got a bit boring, sorry Chris and senior ding dong but you are going in circles...lol

Before I got to know Chris I would never have made the joke but he is cool guy. I have to say I am shocked at your comment Jacks but I respect you have your own opinion.

I will not however apologise if I offended anyone else because I never quoted anyone else and it wasn't directed at anyone else.

@Chris, cheers m8 for getting the joke and hoppy and bigyin aswell.

@senior, its hard to understand why people get uptight about flie transfer protocol...but some do...lol
jaffa you shouldn,t and dont need to explain yourself as we all know it was a laff/joke which this site needed dont rise to it mate

Sure. I'm just a bit uneasy about this callous ridicule and accusation of cowardice that seems to be behind much of the condemnation of this guy. He may indeed be a coward, but in that case, isn't there still something to be said for performing a full tour of duty? It does take a special kind of person to be able to do a job like that, but how do you know if you're that person, if you don't give it a shot? And if it then turns out you're not that kind of a person, do you really deserve ridicule and bullying for it?

Sure. I'm just a bit uneasy about this callous ridicule and accusation of cowardice that seems to be behind much of the condemnation of this guy. He may indeed be a coward, but in that case, isn't there still something to be said for performing a full tour of duty? It does take a special kind of person to be able to do a job like that, but how do you know if you're that person, if you don't give it a shot? And if it then turns out you're not that kind of a person, do you really deserve ridicule and bullying for it?
why you taking this so personal mate ..i don't think he is a coward but i do think he let himself and the army and most important the other army people that was relying on him down..and for he full tour of duty your on about means nothing to him or for him now..as he went AWOL ..i think there is a lot of rights and wrongs is most of the posts on this subject not just all one sided but at the end of the day he in the wrong regardless of the situation.

What something you dont get :)
I'm as surprised as your are. ;)

why you taking this so personal mate.
I'm not. Just taking part in a lively discussion. This is the internet, right?

i don't think he is a coward but i do think he let himself and the army and most important the other army people that was relying on him down.
If you don't think he left because he was a coward, what's your take on it, then?

I dont know who this is aimed at as i dont know how to use multiquotes but probably bigyin.

The British army does not or even a Battalion or a squadron does not fall apart because somone, one man goes awol pmsl.
all the other lads would be applauding him saying jammy bstard.

@jaffa my point to you was, this is your comment

Wonder what he will do when released, he will probably still be deployed somewhere, maybe they will send him to a nice warm climate where there is no fighting and he can go on sightseeing tours instead of doing the job he was trained to do.

Yes read it a couple of times.

People change over the years you cant tell me you are the same man as when you were 16, 20, 25 i dont think so.

People change their mind simple, **** me i wouldnt sign up for a gold clock today , but when i was 16 it was all i wanted to do.

Anyhows the lad is doing his bird and plenty of civvies who havent got a clue are saying yes thats right he went awol lol. remind me again what this war is about ?

yes he should honour his contract thejackel he joined the army knowing what was ahead of him and worked up the ranks so he is not a newbie and didn't have a jar of glue (i think you have took that too far mate lol) once you swear your oath that's you there is no turning back no matter what anyone says or does the guy was in the wrong plain and simple he didn't go into the army with his eyes shut the rules are simple even us can understand them and for turning his back on the army and going AWOL it didn't just jeopardize his future in the army it put loads of people's lives at risk as i said in my other post everyone has a position to fill in the army and when one doesn't comply with that Everyone is at risk ,,the wee fooker went on holiday for ages then when he was tracked down he thought he would go to a anti war protest to make him look good at court ..he should get a kick up the ass and fu*ked out the army he is not reliable

ps
why pick on jaffa cause he had a joke lighten up mate we can have a joke on here without being serious try it lol
Nobody knows whats ahead of them mate unless you are sceptic peg, lol.

Nobody knows whats ahead of them mate unless you are sceptic peg, lol.

Your post does get better how can one man going awo l your post " it didn't just jeopardize his future in the army it put loads of people's lives at risk" have a word mate the army doesn't revolve around one man. he is fookall just there to make up the numbers, lol.

I'm as surprised as your are. ;)

I'm not. Just taking part in a lively discussion. This is the internet, right?

If you don't think he left because he was a coward, what's your take on it, then?

i ain't getting into your daft multi quoting scenario senor ding dong,,i think you are taking it to far mate with this subject its not a debate to you its a personal insult to you who ever doesn't agree with you ..you cant just accept that we don't agree with you we have our own opinion and you cant change our minds i wish you would just accept that..the only thing i have left to say is the guy is a idiot and thinks he can do what he wants join up then just leave when he pleases.anyway post away mate ,hopefully people on here wont rise to your comments as i think your just looking for a argument mate ,,well that's my opinion and i am entitled to that regardless of any law

Your post does get better how can one man going awo l your post " it didn't just jeopardize his future in the army it put loads of people's lives at risk" have a word mate the army doesn't revolve around one man. he is fookall just there to make up the numbers, lol.

tell that to all the soldiers and there families that lose there lives mate who rely on him in the line of duty ,,by the way you quoted yourself it does get better lol:Clap:

Last edited:
@jaffa my point to you was, this is your comment

Wonder what he will do when released, he will probably still be deployed somewhere, maybe they will send him to a nice warm climate where there is no fighting and he can go on sightseeing tours instead of doing the job he was trained to do.

Yes read it a couple of times.

People change over the years you cant tell me you are the same man as when you were 16, 20, 25 i dont think so.

Yes that was my quote and my point was...did he join up to see the world or did he join the army to learn how to fight. Thats what he would have been trained to do.

Does he have the right to change his mind, of course he does, BUT he has to finish his stint 1st, thats the rules which he would have been made aware of when he joined.

tell that to all the soldiers and there families that lose there lives mate who rely on him in the line of duty ,,by the way you quoted yourself it does get better lol:Clap:

Once again the Army does not and never will revolve around one man.

Yes that was my quote and my point was...did he join up to see the world or did he join the army to learn how to fight. Thats what he would have been trained to do.

Does he have the right to change his mind, of course he does, BUT he has to finish his stint 1st, thats the rules which he would have been made aware of when he joined.

Not necessarily mate

MD - medically discharged
SNLR - services no longer required
PVR - premature voluntarily release
AWOL - absent without leave

Any hows im not getting into it lets agree to disagree.:Cheers:

i think you are taking it to far mate with this subject its not a debate to you its a personal insult to you who ever doesn't agree with you
Not at all. People are more than welcome to disagree with me, but I will point out when the disagreement is based on contradiction and confusion. It's a free service I provide. And as you will have noticed, there's been a lot of common ground throughout this discussion. In fact, Rodbouy and I probably agree about more than we disagree.

you cant just accept that we don't agree with you we have our own opinion and you cant change our minds i wish you would just accept that.
Oh, but I can change your mind. Maybe not your opinion, but the part of your mind that rejects logic and reason. It's a gradual process, though. And I don't mean that as an insult, but here's an example. When I was a small child, as many children do, I thought my Dad was the greatest Dad in the world. It was an emotional, subjective assessment, rather than a logical and objective one. Now, as I grew older, and my capacity for deductive reasoning increased, I started realizing that, as much as I liked my Dad, objectively speaking, it's unlikely that he was the best Dad in the world. I made this discovery earlier than most, and wasn't surprised to find that my fellow thumb-suckers and short-legged peers all thought their Dads were the best Dads in the world. Since the time-honored "nuh-uh"/"ya-haa" process seemed like a less than scientific approach to resolving the matter, I came up with the best system I could think of at the time: Parental Trump Cards! We would all rate our Dads in various categories we all agreed were most important, ranging from income to frequency of spankings, write them down on cards, and see whose Dad came out on top. Now, admittedly, with the benefit of hindsight, this may seem a bit crude, but for my first venture into logic and reason, I thought it was quite inspired, and I'd like to think that the fact that I won had nothing to do with my system being stacked in my favor. :)

Now, there are still adults who would object to the suggestion that their Dad isn't the greatest Dad in the world, that their country isn't the greatest country in the world, that their army isn't the best army in the world, and so on and so forth, because parts of their minds have been deprived of the opportunity to grow. Although it's a long and difficult process, gradual exposure to reason, logic and a superior argument will "change" their minds to the point where they can understand the weakness of the arguments upon which they base their case. It won't change how they feel about their Dads, countries and armies, nor should it, but they will be able to assess those, and many other things, with a greater level of emotional maturity. Never under-estimate the potential of the human mind... even your own. ;)

The point is, when someone condemns someone else for deserting the army, it's not that he's necessarily wrong, but when he does it on the basis of logic, which at the same time validates Nazi war crimes, then that logic is clearly flawed. It may be replaced with a more consistent, logical argument that leads to the same conclusion about desertion, or it may make him wonder about the fundamentals of the entire argument to begin with. Either way, we will have made some progress. You see, it's not about having to agree about anything more than the discussion being rooted in some form of reality, as opposed to wishful thinking and child-like simplicity.

anyway post away mate ,hopefully people on here wont rise to your comments as i think your just looking for a argument mate
Not so much an argument as an intelligent discussion. I got a little bit of both, though perhaps not in equal measure, but it's been worthwhile nonetheless.

Back