another kryptview problem

shej69

Inactive User
Reaction score
this is my 2nd kryptview box. the one i have now is playing up. i do a scan on my network, all the channels appear but only the free to view ones work. no other channels work. any ideas anyone?

once the scan is finished switch the box off from the mains and back on again . You will have to wait until the keys are updated and all channels will work.

tmc

once the scan is finished switch the box off from the mains and back on again . You will have to wait until the keys are updated and all channels will work.

tmc

how long should i leave the box off for? and how long does it take to update the keys?

Thanks

EDIT:: WORRRRRRRRRRRKSS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i have heard of mixed replys a mate of mine updated in mins last key update mine took hours

in my area some boxes took 40 mins to update and some took a couple of minutes one box i left updating for an hour got fed up waiting unpluged it tried it later it worked staight away

There's no fixed time for updating. It simply depends on how often the cc are transmitting the update Emm's (which varies almost constantly) and exactly where in the Emm cycle the box starts searching.

When the keys are changed the Emm's tend to go out obout once every 40 seconds but after a week or two they can average every five mins or so. At certain times of the month (tier update time) you may be lucky to see the keychange Emm's once every 30 mins !

Remember also that the box is a nagra emulator. The emulator runs in competition with all the other processes that are running and it can only handle one Emm at a time. If an Emm takes longer to process than the gap between two sucessive Emm's then the second Emm may be missed and if that was the one you needed then its just bad luck - you have to wait for it to come around again.

Last edited:
Yup was scratching my head also when I ran the scan and could only see the freeview ones !

Sometimes its almost immediatly there but yeah gotta have some patience and all will show eventually.

The krytview is a lovely box if not the best one out there but tis a shame we dont have an unofficaly FAQ for it, so we can jott down all these little niggles there not issues really just that we dont know about it.

There have been quite a few occasions when I leave my Eurovox to update many hours after a key change and it updates within 2 minutes. I would consider the Eurovox to be the quickest at updating keys.

There have been quite a few occasions when I leave my Eurovox to update many hours after a key change and it updates within 2 minutes. I would consider the Eurovox to be the quickest at updating keys.

Gotta love the eurovox sometimes ;)

Ill proberly go back to it once I sell both my krytveiws off

Back