Another dead Nokia tuner?

gtabomber

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Ive been running my Nokia DBOX2 for ages with no problems with the TrinityV2 image. Turned the box on one morning and couldnt pick up any channels. Tried a re-scan and it wouldnt find anything. Ive even re-flashed the box, set location and run a service scan which would have me up and running previously but it still wont pick up any channels.

Ive put a video up here [Clicky] showing SNR etc. Does it look nackered to you?!!!

The feed to the box is OK, ive put the original Te****st box on it and its fine and dandy.

On another post some one mentioned the tuner area at the back was s**t hot. Mine seems to be pretty warm too but I'm not sure if it was all ways like that!

Help!!

Hi Guys.

Ive been running my Nokia DBOX2 for ages with no problems with the TrinityV2 image. Turned the box on one morning and couldnt pick up any channels. Tried a re-scan and it wouldnt find anything. Ive even re-flashed the box, set location and run a service scan which would have me up and running previously but it still wont pick up any channels.

Ive put a video up here [Clicky] showing SNR etc. Does it look nackered to you?!!!

The feed to the box is OK, ive put the original Te****st box on it and its fine and dandy.

On another post some one mentioned the tuner area at the back was s**t hot. Mine seems to be pretty warm too but I'm not sure if it was all ways like that!

Help!!
Check all connections and put the feed from the wall straight to the box, no splitters and see if the snr improves if it dont get the slx1p booster from argos and give that a try.

I had one exactly the same, i think my tuner overheated and stopped working.

its now a dust collector in my loft.
Might be just the bfg94 that has gone in the tuner which can be replaced.

Tried straight from the wall with no luck. Tried my own booster with no luck.

Its got worse now. NO SIGNAL used to flash on and off now again but its permanently on now! The difference in SNR between being connected to cable network and pulling the lead out is nearly un-noticeable.

I think the conclusion is the tuner is buggered!

Thanks Fergalsworld, i just ordered it.

will keep you posted when it comes.

its time to put my soldering practices back to good use, LOL

its a few years since i soldered, but sure i will manage.
Check the bootlog to make sure its not another hardware fault.
Also check pt-1's helpfile look under hardware/tuner repair guide for a bit more info.

Check the bootlog to make sure its not another hardware fault.
Also check pt-1's helpfile look under hardware/tuner repair guide for a bit more info.

Cheers fergalsworld for that advice , i will get the bootlog info on Monday, as the box is in the loft and i need to dismantle my dreambox while everyone is watching TV.

I will PM you on Monday m8, and let you know how i get on.

Here is the bootlog from my old dbox2, which scans for transponders, then says no valid transponder could be found.
[camd] CA_SEND_MSG: Remote I/O error
The sec chip or something in that area ie ram chips is faulty, but its usually the sec chip thats gubbed.
I dont think this stops it finding transponders or channels when scanning but even if it did find any they would not work because of the above fault, Mgb would be able to clarify this as he is the expert on bootlogs.

I have the same problem on one of my boxes. I bought a signal booster for a dreambox but I plugged in my dbox and it now works with the booster. Must have blown a cap or something.

A booster cannot solve a problem with the sec chip.
The signal is rooted through that chip and if the sec chip is not working the parts behind get no signal/no channels.

Back