android to external display

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone suggest an cable for an android phone with USB-C that will allow me to connect to an external display without having to click a prompt.

Long story short misses smashed her screen and none of the adapters like dell da200 i have seem to work. Currently i am using a dell6000 doc with a keyboard and mouse to see/use the screen but it a bit of a nightmare to connect in the first place as you need to click a prompted on the screen but the screen is totally smashed so i have to guess where the mouse cursor is.

also not ideal as lots of apps seem to go black with the doc. i assume for security reasons.

Would that not still be the same problem as he has now as the screen is smashed to bits so i presume the digitizer is well fooked as well

So your not allowing full permissions from the moble to pc to backup data

Last edited:
Scrcpy will let you control and view the phone display on a laptop.

Adblink has it built in and provides a gui to use it rather than using command line.

Are you sure this does not require permissions with android?

Would that not still be the same problem as he has now as the screen is smashed to bits so i presume the digitizer is well fooked as well

So your not allowing full permissions from the moble to pc to backup data

Yes digitizer is fooked too. so i have a USB-C splitter. i can use it to connect a screen and use the other usb slot for the keyboard and mouse. With current setup it can take nearly 30 minutes to get the screen to show using the docking station due to trying to find and hit the allow permissions button using a mouse and no screen. Hoping that using a option that did not need me to have to select a permission option that it would make like a lot easier.

Keyboard and mouse work without needing to add permission so can control the screen easily enough.

I managed to get all her stuff off the phone luckily enough using the docking station and CX file explorer to my nas which was fun. Also got a google one backup done so do not have to try to install all her apps again and used Mi account cloud to backup settings, notes etc.. so didnt have to organise her app pages. New phone is now setup and has all her stuff.

I had bought her a new phone before she even smashed this phone as a present and i was planning today to set it up. In the meantime she smashes her old phone. At least i was able to get everything off it even though it took like 6 hours.

Here is a youtube video with a usb-c to hdmi adapter and he didn't need to prompt anything
just plug and play.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back