And for my next trick........

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to create a monster, a chimera satellite receiver, im going to completley butcher a TM600, and a well known companies receiver, and possibly a vodafone BB dongle, then with my mad scientist hat on, im going to merge the whole lot of it, all back into the one black TM600 case, with a few extra sockets on the back, and one hell of a feature list

itll be another one off, like my 5200 with internal drive, or my 3500 with mp3 jukebox built in

pictures will follow after the weekend

Im going to create a monster, a chimera satellite receiver, im going to completley butcher a TM600, and a well known companies receiver, and possibly a vodafone BB dongle, then with my mad scientist hat on, im going to merge the whole lot of it, all back into the one black TM600 case, with a few extra sockets on the back, and one hell of a feature list

itll be another one off, like my 5200 with internal drive, or my 3500 with mp3 jukebox built in

pictures will follow after the weekend

well, i'll be the first to say im intriqued :proud:

im also going to add a 'gizmo' to it, so just like a sly box, youll be able to control it from another location in the house while watching it via RF output

ive already done this to the one in the girlfriends house with an external unit, but i want it all in one box

with a hard drive as well :proud:

im also going to add a 'gizmo' to it, so just like a sly box, youll be able to control it from another location in the house while watching it via RF output

ive already done this to the one in the girlfriends house with an external unit, but i want it all in one box

with a hard drive as well :proud:

Now your just showing off lol. :Clap:

:Cheers:

Hey Digi, stick in a 2nd tuner aswell and you have a mega box, Havent forgotten about the pm message I sent you, just havent been in touch with mate for a while but soon though... Any how have fun and rock that mutha....

after playing with a few different 'official' receivers, ive found the best one for this is the thompson DSI4214C 'Flo' receiver

ive managed to get this working off the TM PSU at the same time as the TM does. ive removed the extra card reader off the board, the RS232 connection, and am looking at stripping down the front display so its just the IR pickup and the standby/on LED and incorporating those into the front TM display

i did think about having a twin feed to this monster receiver, but the one side will only be any good for FTA UK channels, so ill leave it as single feed and use it just for the EPG

on the TM im also going to have to chop and change a few things, i have a laptop SATA drive for the smaller profile, but to also mount the 2nd receivers PCB, i need to cut the HDD caddy inside and relocate it, so i can fit the 2nd PCB upside down over the existing one

its gonna be VERY tight to fit in the other stuff for RF control from another room, i think the BB dongle is gonna have to be left out

Back