Amir Khan opponent pulls out of fight...

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
"According to the official Palle website Martin Kristjansen, 19-1-3 with 5 KOs has pulled out of his February 2nd bout with Amir Khan, 15-0 with 12 KOs due to illness. Kristjansen sent an email to manager Bettina Palle stating that he would be unable to fight. “I constantly feel nauseous, my stomach is upset and I throw up. I can’t keep food inside me, and it’s probably a bad case of the flu. It’s impossible for me to train, and I have no energy. I just don’t feel I can afford to miss out on days of training as time is already short. I really feel bad to lose this opportunity and I hope the fight can be postponed so I can get it later. Because I really do want this fight..”

Commonwealth lightweight champion Khan recently withdrew from purse bids earlier this week for a fight with British titlist Jon Thaxton. There is no word yet on a replacement opponent.
"

Shame that with this Danish guy pulling out coz of some nasty sounding manflu, they could sort out a Thaxton vs Khan fight instead.

Would have been a way more interesting fight coz theyre like the top 2 brit lightweights and they sure dont seem to like each other either.

doubt its that at all the guy will be ill, win lose or draw the guys fighting khan will be on the biggest pay day and i doubt they'd pull out of there biggest pay cheque unless they was ill.

thats how i see it, boxers wont chicken out and if they are duckers then they wouldnt have got the fight in the first place.

doubt its that at all the guy will be ill, win lose or draw the guys fighting khan will be on the biggest pay day and i doubt they'd pull out of there biggest pay cheque unless they was ill.

thats how i see it, boxers wont chicken out and if they are duckers then they wouldnt have got the fight in the first place.

yeah agree with u thommo...

amir's u.k golden boy at the moment and anyone in with him is guaranteed a bit of spotlight and a decent purse - and if you're actually good enough to beat him then you're talking even more spotlight and an even fatter purse for the rematch!!

my money would have been on khan to do him but theres no way he's faking flu to duck the fight.

anyway they've found a new opponent for the fight now... Superman! Well Gairy "Superman" St Clair anyway!

Amir's gotta be at least 5 inches taller than this guy and will be too young and too strong for him but will be good to see how he goes against someone who's been in with true world class fighters before.

Back